Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

AFrame back skylight

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a source/price for the large (68 x 24) skylight on the back of the AFrames (Ours is the T12RST, 2018 model) I have given up on regular searches - cant find anything close to this size. Our skylight has a recess in the top middle of the bubble, and has became loose in the middle of the top flange. We have only owned the unit for a month, and camped with it once. I could take it in for warranty, but I really don't want it messed up anymore than it already is, and the dealer is two hours away. I'm thinking I could just put the eternabond tape on it and forget about it, but would like to know what a replacement would cost in case it is a more serious problem and would have to be replaced in the future.

nautipelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautipelican View Post
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a source/price for the large (68 x 24) skylight on the back of the AFrames (Ours is the T12RST, 2018 model) I have given up on regular searches - cant find anything close to this size. Our skylight has a recess in the top middle of the bubble, and has became loose in the middle of the top flange. We have only owned the unit for a month, and camped with it once. I could take it in for warranty, but I really don't want it messed up anymore than it already is, and the dealer is two hours away. I'm thinking I could just put the eternabond tape on it and forget about it, but would like to know what a replacement would cost in case it is a more serious problem and would have to be replaced in the future.
Have you tried a local RV supply store? You could also contact Forest River. They were very responsive when one of my skylights blew out while towing. You could also contact an online RV skylight place to see if they know which one is the right fit or can make you a custom replacement.

Tags
frame, light, skylight