Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #1

Aframe connection to CG Sewer

I don't camp at many places with sewer hook ups at each site. But,. I do have a trip in a few weeks where sewer is available. I'm looking for a way to run the sink water drain, from my 2014 a122s, into the campsite sewer connection. I have the garden hose connection adapter on the outside, that runs into a small tote.. is there an adapter for the other end of a garden hose so it can be attached to the big sewer opening? Without running one of those large sewer hoses.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #2

By the way.. I know I could just dump the grey water from the tote into the sewer on site. . And that's easier than carrying to the restroom or dump station,.. but if I could hook it directly.. it would eliminate any dumping and being concerned about the tote filling up. (My tote is only 5 gallons )
Old 11-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

You can buy a fitting similar to end used for the macerator pumps. Or just go to your local hardware store and get some PVC fittings and make one. Maybe $10 if you spurge.
Loranimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Camco 39322 Gray Water Seal Sewer Fitting

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:25 AM   #5

Thanks Pooneil. . I'll order this. Some reviewers said they added a y adapter to eliminate the vacuum and create faster flow. I'll wait to see if I need that.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:54 PM   #6

I would like to know if there is a way to connect our black water tank to the sewer. We just put a y-adapter on the hoses from the sink and shower to a short piece of garden hose and stick that into the sewer receptacle. But, if we could eliminate emptying the black water tank every other day - now that would be sweet! We are planning on a month's stay in Winter Haven, Florida starting in mid-January and will be parked quite a ways from the bath house.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:01 AM   #7

Bentbev, you have a cassette, correct? Then no luck AFAIK. If you are staying at a full hookup site, you could empty the cassette in the on site connection. It should be relatively easy to make a funnel type device with PVC to reduce the chance of spillage.

We stayed in full hookup sites a few times so rigged an adapter to go into the hole. It is mostly a matter of getting the opening above the ground to get a better angle to poor. IIRC, it used the same "donut" seal in the above link but with a short piece of PVC and a flange to make the opening a bit bigger. All in, it's a tossup on going to the bath house vs storing and handling the parts. I used to keep disposable gloves in the cassette compartment.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, a-frame