Old 08-31-2016, 07:09 PM   #21

Thank you so much! Placed order per #19 post. Free shipping too! It will be a couple weeks but I can be patient for the right tire!

Carlisle Radial Trail RH Trailer Tire ST175/80R13 $50.99
260-6H04521

Thanks again for the education!

47 Nights
20 Sites
6655 Miles
Carla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #22

I just replaced a blown out tire. By the way, I could barely feel it when it happened. I only pulled over when other drivers were pointing and telling me I had a problem.

Discount Tires had to order it because they only had a C load in stock. Took about a week.
Carlisle Radial ST175/80 R13 96MD1 BSB

Total cost, $106.40

I would suggest to everyone before they leave on their next trip to make sure they have the know how AND equipment to change a tire. The lug nuts gave me all sorts of problems. You should attempt to loosen everyone of yours to make sure you can. Don't forget to tighten them back!

Old 09-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #23
World Traveler Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla View Post
Thank you so much! Placed order per #19 post. Free shipping too! It will be a couple weeks but I can be patient for the right tire!

Carlisle Radial Trail RH Trailer Tire ST175/80R13 $50.99
260-6H04521

Thanks again for the education!
You did get Load Range D for the trailer as it weight requires it!
Old 09-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #24
World Traveler Member

13'' Wheel Diameter

Wheel Diameter: 13'' Load Range: D Tire Overall Diameter: 24.7'' Tire Section Width: 7.1'' Spec Wheel Width: 4.5'' Max Load @ Max Press: 1710 lbs @ 65 psi Tire Weight: 22.0 Pounds Tread Depth: 9/32''

13'' Wheel Diameter

Wheel Diameter: 13'' Load Range: C Tire Overall Diameter: 24.1'' Tire Section Width: 6.8'' Spec Wheel Width: 4.5'' Max Load @ Max Press: 1360 lbs @ 50 psi Tire Weight: 19.7 Pounds Tread Depth: 9/32''

The load D that came with the trailers are Load D and the Load C are rated at 700lbs lower.

***Now the Question is do our trailers have clearance for upgrading from ST175 to a ST185 tire?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 PM   #25

I would say yes. The OEM Westlake tires on my 2014 Rockwood A122 are ST185/80R13s. The Westlakes have done well for me. I'm up to about 8K miles in 2.5 years. I had them balanced before our last trip to Waco, Texas (1800 miles round trip). Not a whole lot of weight to balance, and tread was still good.

I do inflate before every trip to 67-68 PSI (allows for descent from altitude). And I only go over 65MPH to pass. 65MPH was a little painful on the trip to Texas with most speed limits being at 75. I forced myself to set the cruise control and let everybody pass me.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one long weekend at a time
Old 09-01-2016, 11:19 PM   #26
World Traveler Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
I would say yes. The OEM Westlake tires on my 2014 Rockwood A122 are ST185/80R13s. The Westlakes have done well for me. I'm up to about 8K miles in 2.5 years. I had them balanced before our last trip to Waco, Texas (1800 miles round trip). Not a whole lot of weight to balance, and tread was still good.

I do inflate before every trip to 67-68 PSI (allows for descent from altitude). And I only go over 65MPH to pass. 65MPH was a little painful on the trip to Texas with most speed limits being at 75. I forced myself to set the cruise control and let everybody pass me.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan

camping Colorado and adjacent states one long weekend at a time
Thanks for the info, I plan to upgrade sometime next year as I got my bubble tire replaced. And I agree with your PSI at min of 65 and I noticed that if people get the Load C tires they are max out at 50 PSI which is too low for the proper weight of the trailer.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:10 AM   #27

Les Schwab Tires

I heard at a rally a couple of years ago that Les Schwab Tires stores had a lot of trailer tires in stock. Has anyone used them? I am looking for new tires for our trailer.
Also looking for a new battery too.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #28

I just had my tire blow yesterday. It blew out the fender and water hoses and some wiring. It also ripped out about 2 feet of floor under the bed storage. What a mess.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tipper View Post
I just replaced a blown out tire. By the way, I could barely feel it when it happened. I only pulled over when other drivers were pointing and telling me I had a problem.

Discount Tires had to order it because they only had a C load in stock. Took about a week.
Carlisle Radial ST175/80 R13 96MD1 BSB

Total cost, $106.40

I would suggest to everyone before they leave on their next trip to make sure they have the know how AND equipment to change a tire. The lug nuts gave me all sorts of problems. You should attempt to loosen everyone of yours to make sure you can. Don't forget to tighten them back!
Sorry to hear you had a failure. Do you have pictures? It is important to know if you had a Run Low Flex failure (blowout) because of leaking air or it you suffered a Tread Separation.

While being prepared to change a tire is a good suggestion, I would suggest that it might be better to take appropriate actions to prevent the failure in the first place.

Proper weight and inflation confirmation is just the first step. Running a TPMS can provide warning of leaking tire or valve. "Free Spin" inspection can many times identify a pending separation even before you leave home.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #30

Here is more to complicate this issue, our 2016 A122BH came with ST185/80R13 tires on it. They are Westlake by Lionshead.

Tags
frame, replacement, tire