Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #31

In think that cooler will do fine for you. Just make sure you get it hooked up 'behind' the factory trans cooler. I can't help you with specifics there, but some else here with a similar vehicle might, or check with your dealer (or Google) if you aren't sure.

Yes, weather here is cold, and freezing rain talk toward the end of the week here in Ky.

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Two View Post
Our 2nd trip out with our A126. We absolutely love it. We haven't owned a camper before now, and find the comfort and convenience of the A126 to be more than adequate.

We hadn't even got the leveling blocks out of the camper after the initial backup into our site this weekend and another Rockwood owner driving by stopped to check out the A126. They had one of the FW series tent campers.

Had several other camp folks stop in for a peek and got lots of 'that's so cool' comments.

I would have thought the longevity of the Aliners (been around 25 years) would have shaken off some of the novelty of the hard side popups.

So far the hardest and longest task of setting up the camper has been talking to curious neighbors. We are quickly learning that camp folks are a great bunch of people.
Jeep4two:

I have to agree with you on the curiosity of folks on the Aframes. I no sooner had the camper set up and here comes two people who wanted to see the inside. The man was amazed the bed stays made up while traveling and his wife loved it. I didn't even have the table set up yet.

This is my maiden voyage and I've busy checking that everything works. So far so good other than the shower handle has a crack in it and was leaking water. But other than that, all is working well. I love it.

With the weekend coming up, I had better get the inside all squared away because this campgrounds gets a lot of weekend campers and I'd better be ready to show all the lookers.

They do attract attention!

Jim

Old 05-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #33

We've had ours out 3 trips and everywhere we go we draw attention. Could be the tiki theme, the fact that we use the toy deck as a chair deck and foot prop or just the camper itself is so darn cool... not sure. ;-)

On one trip we pulled in at dusk next to a traditional pop up. He does the unhooking, the power and the water while I lift the top and sides and set up the interior. I popped up the pitched roof, climbed in, waved and said ; "Hello! Good-bye!" To our camp neighbors and lifted the side. What a response! I love the attention our non-traditional tent garners!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #34

I'm on my second trip out with my Flagstaff A Frame, after showing it twice on my first trip, and lo and behold here comes one of the park rangers, with a guy who is a good friend of his, who wants the grand tour. The guy fell in love with it, took down the dealers name and web site address and said he was going to the dealer and have a look see. The guy is 6'4" and couldn't believe he could stand up fully erect. He also marveled at the queen size bed and all the features. He has looked at Aliners but thought the price was prohibitive. When I told him what I paid for mine, he said he's on his way to the dealer.

I also noticed several people drive by, slow down to get a good look, smile and drive on. I'm sure they were curious also.

I must make a conscience effort to keep the inside neat and tidy because it's like an "open house" when you own an A Frame.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #35

jjdcamper,

The suspense is killing me. How about letting the cat out of the bag and giving us an idea what yours cost you. If you don't mind?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #36

I agree. We went camping last October and had a spot close to the pool. At first the campground staff thought I was putting up a tent instead of my awning/screen room. once they saw the finished product they were impressed. We didnt have alot of visitors but the few that stopped in were impressed by the roominess inside and the extra space the awning afforded us. Our next trip is rapidly approaching and I'm anxious to see who comes to visit.

On a side note my family really didnt think i was making a wise purchase (they have a motorhome) when I brought the 12SC home, but once they saw how quickly it set up and all the neat features and space it had, they said I should have done this years ago. :-)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post
jjdcamper,

The suspense is killing me. How about letting the cat out of the bag and giving us an idea what yours cost you. If you don't mind?
$10,600 and that included the electric brakes, installed, two full propane tanks and they gave me a porta potti. (I don't know if it was supposed to come with it but I took it anyway.) And, of course, the outside propane grill and removable shelf. The Dealer is: WilmingtonRV, in Wilmington, N.C. They were very easy and nice to deal with. He also sells Aliners and the comparable Aliner was about $6000 more.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Jim