Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

AFrames draw a lot of attention

Our 2nd trip out with our A126. We absolutely love it. We haven't owned a camper before now, and find the comfort and convenience of the A126 to be more than adequate.

We hadn't even got the leveling blocks out of the camper after the initial backup into our site this weekend and another Rockwood owner driving by stopped to check out the A126. They had one of the FW series tent campers.

Had several other camp folks stop in for a peek and got lots of 'that's so cool' comments.

I would have thought the longevity of the Aliners (been around 25 years) would have shaken off some of the novelty of the hard side popups.

So far the hardest and longest task of setting up the camper has been talking to curious neighbors. We are quickly learning that camp folks are a great bunch of people.

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #2

I agree with ya! We get to meet lots of folks as they want to stop and chat about the a-frames. Other than my camper, I have yet to see another a-frame in a campground. I have never actually seen the Aliner or Chalets. I would think you would see lots more of us out there. Do you see others?

Of course, we have only been out in ours on two trips so far. But, I have been camping for many years. Before I got mine, I was at a local city park visiting some friends and they said there had been a a-frame in the cg. We were really hoping to see them out and inquire about them before we bought ours. It just didn't work out for us. So, we just jumped in blindly - and so far, so good. Hoping to get out at least a couple more times this year before it gets too cold. Love the fall weather camping - we just keep having something come up each weekend to keep us from going camping. We are keeping our fingers crossed for next weekend.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Lottery Non-Winner

I don't know what it is, but I just think they are cool. I've seen a few around, but I haven't talked to the owners. It just seems like a neat idea.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsocamper View Post
I agree with ya! We get to meet lots of folks as they want to stop and chat about the a-frames. Other than my camper, I have yet to see another a-frame in a campground. I have never actually seen the Aliner or Chalets. I would think you would see lots more of us out there. Do you see others?
I haven't seen another Rockwood aframe yet. I have a buddy that was out at the same cg with us on our first trip with his ALiner. His was the first aframe I had seen and we weren't campers before....

When i saw his I was like "that is the perfect camper... Small, light, all the conveniences (including cassette toilet) and it stayed on my mind for almost two years before we went shopping and pulled the trigger. Cost was out hold up(Aliners and chalets are expensive!). The Rockwood brought it all together formus.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #5

I have yet to see another aframe set up in a campground either. Ours has gotten ALOT of attention too. I saw them online first while looking at different camper models, got my attention. Was at the '11 boat/rv/sportshow in Louisville and made the hubby stop and watch the setup. He's 6'5" and was impressed how well he fit, could stand up easily, fit on the bed, etc. Didn't hurt that a free generator came with it. Sold!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
Wanna Be Camper

WHen we were at the Palmer Gulch KOA at Mt Rushmore this summer, an AFrame came in for a couple days and camped behind us. Interesting thing here, people from Saskatchewan in SD Dakota meet AFrame owners from Alberta???? Go figure.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 AM   #7

There was another aframe on the market before the Aliner or at the same time. Bonair had a quite big one with severals skylite on the roof.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:17 PM   #8

Just got back from Brown County State Park in Indiana. CG was sold out. We walked almost the whole place, hundreds and hundreds of sites, not a single other AFrame. Once again lots of looks and comments. Noticed several time that people just couldn't help but smile as the looked.

Great trip out camping and hiking.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #9

We had the same experiences with the Trailmanor we owned previous to our current travel trailer. The Trailmanor attracted a lot of attention while we were setting up or taking down and we rarely saw another in the CG. Only once did we run into another and that was at Fort Wilderness CG at Disney World. They even had the same TV as us (an Avalanche, also a rare item). We were parked side by side at the check in gate, I should have gotten a picture but was in a hurry.
hoffkm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffkm
We had the same experiences with the Trailmanor we owned previous to our current travel trailer. The Trailmanor attracted a lot of attention while we were setting up or taking down and we rarely saw another in the CG. Only once did we run into another and that was at Fort Wilderness CG at Disney World. They even had the same TV as us (an Avalanche, also a rare item). We were parked side by side at the check in gate, I should have gotten a picture but was in a hurry.
Te trail manor was on my short list when shopping. Turned out to be too heavy for my TV. Saw one trail manor at the CG this weekend.