Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
After a long cold winter in storage, my guess

is that that campers tires will be low. Do you bring something to the storage yard to pump up the tires? Or try to make it to the gas station? What's your plan going to be?

I use a Black & Decker Air Station. But, I know the internal battery will run out before I reach full inflation. I will probably just top them off enough to safely drive to the gas station. Is there any way I could plug this into an adapter in the cig lighter?

Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
How are you charging it now?

As per this site.

Black & Decker ASI500 12V Cordless Air Station Inflator | Free Shipping

Not sure if this is the same as what you have.

With the ability to inflate everything from car and bike tires to rafts, mattresses, and beach balls, the Black & Decker ASI500 12-Volt Cordless Air Station Inflator is the most versatile inflator on the market. A digital pre-set pressure gauge with an auto shut off feature and backlighting allows you to get within +/- 1 PSI of your required inflation pressure to avoid over/under inflation or blowouts. The ASI500 also features a quick connect hose and on-board accessory storage so that you can easily keep track of all of your cords needles and hoses. Most impressive, though, is the convenience that the ASI500 provides. Once fully charged, the ASI500 becomes completely cordless and can be taken virtually anywhere - the soccer field, beach, camping - it goes where you go! Taking road trip? The ASI500 can even charge from your vehicle's DC accessory outlet! The Black & Decker ASI500 - quite possibly the best thing to happen to portable inflation since air itself.
  • Features
  • Cordless 12V battery fully charges in 4-5 hours
  • Can inflate tires, rafts, mattresses, pool toys, athletic balls, etc
  • Features digital gauge that measures pressure accuracy within +/- 1 PSI (pound per square inch)
  • Quick connect hose with on-board accessory storage
  • Can inflate 4 full sized car tires from being completely flat in 1 charge

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
We have a small air compressor and sometimes we use the portable Power station (similar to your portable one) but mine also jump starts & has usb charger as well as can be used for DC power. We each carry one in our vehicles.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #4
phat phrog stunt crew
My storage yard has a portable compressor. I just bring lots of extension cords, a tire gauge and my own chuck for just in case. I discovered they had one when i took a tire off that was way to low (read flat) to refill. Saved me a bunch of work for the other 3.
Sent from ny nook using fairly accurate digits.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #5
Honestly, I drive it the 6 miles on streets to get it home and deal with the tires there. Not sure what I would do if my storage lot was further away or there was a highway in between.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote

storage, winter