Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #1

Any recommendations for a Good Cover for my A128S?

What would be a good cover for my A128s? Especially curious what size I should get.

Thanks,
Lewis
lewisworley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Check campingworld.com and search for ADCO covers. Select your camper type then use the size chart. They suggest you measure your unit, then choose the larger size, that is, if your unit is 12' long buy the 12-14' size, not the 10-12' size. That's what I did for my A128 (see below). Several others on this forum also bought ADCO covers for their A-frames.

Pop-up Camper SFS AquaShedŽ Covers 12' - 14'
Catalog Item # 20640
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #3

I also bought an ADCO cover for my camper and have been happy with it and it does a good job of protecting the camper from the elements. I bought mine at where I bought the camper and did get it for $20.00 less than at campingworld but it is the same cover. Just be careful of sharp edges, cover will tear easily and punture.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Mostly Harmless

Since you and backpacker3 both have the 128S you can use the same size cover. There are three straps and two ropes that come with it so however much extra covering material you end up with, it can all be cinched down well. I put padding on the corners of my unit before putting the cover on. Look for my posted photos of the padding, The thread is called "Getting ready to put the cover on".
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #5
daydreaming about camping

We bought an Adco cover for our pop up last year and left it outside covered. We bought the breathable cover with water proof top layer. A single mild winter left it in bad shape. The breathable material ripped easily when wet. We were very unhappy. I hope your experience is better.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #6

I have a Carver cover on my T10. It comes with two long straps and a reinforcement kit (as well as a storage bag). It is supposed to be breathable and waterproof.
It seems of good quality but this is my first year using it so the final report won't be out until spring arrives.
If it arrives...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
We bought an Adco cover for our pop up last year and left it outside covered. We bought the breathable cover with water proof top layer. A single mild winter left it in bad shape. The breathable material ripped easily when wet. We were very unhappy. I hope your experience is better.
Good to know about that. With the benefit of your experience I'll remember to be extra careful handling it when wet. Ours still looks good but midwest winter is only about half done. They have a warranty on the cover but I forgot to mail the registration card in time...
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #8

This is my second winter with my Adco cover and it is starting to show some wear. I have a few small tears that I have fixed, but it is performing as expected. I figure I will get two years out of the cover, which I think is OK for the cost. Wind, sun, snow, ice, and rain will take its toll on any fabric cover.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #9

My sister gifted my trailer with an Adco cover. It fits nicely but not in use since the hardside is in the shop. DH liked it so much that he bought an Adco to cover his truck camper. It ripped (shredded) when he removed it while it was wet...big disappointment (uh...his words were a little different) he only had the cover less than 2 weeks! argh!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #10

I'm looking for a cover for my Flagstaff T12RB. It measures ~ 13', not including the large bubble window which looks to stick up about 4 or 5 inches.The 13' includes the spare tire but not the propane tanks. (The propane tanks have their own cover.) I would like one that fits snugly, and has elastic around the bottom so the wind can't pick up the cover and blow it around. Also one that encases the entire camper, minus the tongue and propane tanks. Reinforced corners are a must as my camper top has very sharp corners. Snow and ice are not a concern but I would like it to be as waterproof as possible and sun resistant. Does any cover manufacturer make such a cover?
Thanks,
Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisworley View Post
What would be a good cover for my A128s? Especially curious what size I should get.

Thanks,
Lewis
Lewisworley:
I have the same question. In researching Adco and Camco covers, the reviewers who have bought camper covers did not give very favorable ratings to either. Many bought the size that matched their camper size and said it was too big and sloppy fitting. Some said the cover reached all the way to the tongue. I'm in a quandary as to what to do.

It's too bad Forest River doesn't offer a cover for the model camper you buy, since so many are the same size. The sharp corners are a real big concern of mine. I hope someone comes to our rescue but it looks like any cover will have to be modified, like covering the corners with foam padding, etc.
Jim
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #12

I just came across this company. Anyone have any experience with them?

RV, Trailer, and Camper Covers | Buy-RV-Covers.com

Thanks,
Jim
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Mostly Harmless

This thread has a tip for protecting a cover from sharp corners: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-on-30898.html.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 03-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
This thread has a tip for protecting a cover from sharp corners: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-on-30898.html.
Hamguy:
Thanks. That looks like the best idea I've seen so far. Doing it that way will protect the cover even if the cover moves around. Now I have to find a cover that fits snugly. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Jim

Tags
a128, a128s