Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 11:54 AM   #21

NancyCas, we gave up our 5th wheel for an A Frame because we like camping in Forest Service, National Park and State Parks where maneuvering larger rigs is more difficult. I'm 6'-6", by the way and can stand up fine in it.

2017 A212HW
2016 Ford Explorer TV
The Villages, Florida

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #22

I have my aframe with dormer and a 27' 5th wheel. Depends who goes and where I go which one I take. The 5th wheel blends in with the norm. My aframe starts conversations as people pass by. This weekend ill throw them for a loop since ill have the aframe but be testing out a hennessy hammock setup lol.

Ive never been asked about the 5th wheel. However, ive been asked questions at the grocery store, walmart and campgrounds. They like the aframe and think its nifty. When I take it to north padre about 10miles down people still slow down to look.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #23
World Traveler Member

When I travel I sometimes stop on the way at a RV site and even if they are "full" They can find a spot for my Small A frame and Yes it is surrounded by Large Motor homes and 5th Wheeler's but every trailer park is a puzzle and they put you where the pieces fit.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:35 AM   #24

We camped next to an A frame at Cedar Point couple weeks ago, it looked so cozy and cool! My wife and I started out in a pop up and have a great fondness for those days, being older makes us want more space and amenities but the smaller campers look so fun and easy to move around, Remember you are parked smack dab in the middle of people who LOVE campers so just have fun, ps I would bet everyone wants a tour of your A frame they just are too polite to ask.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:35 AM   #25

Personally, anything other than square travel trailers and 5ers get my attention. I'll probably come ask for a tour and ask questions. I get em all the time cause of the V-nose, especially when I tell them that's where the bathroom is, in the nose.

Current trip we drove through a smaller state park just down the road and spotted this, wish they had been there so I could talk to them:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1475494506967.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	122030  
Old 10-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #26

Are they making fun..?

NancyCas, do you know the phrase, "a rose among thorns?" Seriously, we've given so many people "tours" of our A-frame, I've stopped counting.

kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyCas View Post
The first two times of camping I have felt 1. like Im being put on display 2. like I may have some kind of virus. First time we were given a site in a the center of the court yard with nothing but 5th wheels all around us. In the second situation we were put in the center of the court yard with 5th wheels all around us. Has anyone else experienced this in their A-liner or popups? These GC have been private GC.
Was out in Colorado summer of 2015 only place I could find for the night was a an rv park lots of high end motorhomes and expensive 5ers. My little popup was definitely the trailer trash in this park. Sites were super small with barely room between for a table. Guy next to us was washing his expensive sport car and towing rigs that would cost as much as my house. Glad we only spent one night there. People with a "my rig is more expensive than yours attitude" just filled the place. My wife and I are pretty sociable people but in this park as people walked by and we said hi they just kept walking with no acknowledgement. Only people I talked to was a group who had a toy hauler with a couple motorcycles in it on their way home from Sturgis. Why they didn't ride there who knows.
tdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #28

"Only people I talked to was a group who had a toy hauler with a couple motorcycles in it on their way home from Sturgis. Why they didn't ride there who knows"
Guess it depends on where home is and did they have some place to stay in Sturgis.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #29

Our first trailer was a true Aliner hard top Expedition model. Yes everywhere we went people came up to us to have a look. We really enjoyed the attention. Now that we have a bigger trailer we're just one of the crowd. So enjoy your new found fame.
Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote