Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #1

Audi Q5 and A-122S

I have to say that in all my years of camping with friends and relatives, I've never seen such a winning combination as my Audi and my new A-122S! I picked it up on Friday in Hot Springs Arkansas, and drove it back to NWA.

I was afraid the the Q would not be up to the task, but it was a beautiful drive over the mountains. The dealer in Hot Springs is amazing to work with.

I'd like to thank all of those who post to this forum and give us new owners their knowledge and insight. Hope to see you in the parks!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Underwhirled and congratulations on your new camper. Do you have a diesel or gas burner in that Audi.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #3

I would have loved to have the diesel, but it wasn't out yet when I gout my 2013. I couldn't wait the extra year. The gas one pulls it just fine. Apparently the 7 way plug changes the shift points of the transmission when a trailer is attached. Extra turn signals in the dash light up also. Very cool. I can't wait to camp!

Audi Q5 + 2015 A-122S = happy camper!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #4

Detecting the trailer instead of making the driver press a button is a thoughtful little piece of engineering. I forget to press the tow button most of the time after stopping.

Camp on!

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote