Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #41

Right now I've got them connected in parallel in my garage as a back-up battery bank in case we should sometime lose power. I could at least run the house refrigerator for a while to avoid having my food spoil. I have a battery charger on a timer and I top them off once a week on the weekend (when power cost is lowest), charging them for about 24 hours.

I dunno. I might be talked into selling one to a fellow A-frame forum guy, but the transportation from me to you wouldn't be an easy thing. When is the next time you're driving through Phoenix?

2012 Rockwood A128 (no S)
2016 Ram Power Wagon 6.4L Hemi 4x4
DanM-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM-AZ View Post
Right now I've got them connected in parallel in my garage as a back-up battery bank in case we should sometime lose power. I could at least run the house refrigerator for a while to avoid having my food spoil. I have a battery charger on a timer and I top them off once a week on the weekend (when power cost is lowest), charging them for about 24 hours.

I dunno. I might be talked into selling one to a fellow A-frame forum guy, but the transportation from me to you wouldn't be an easy thing. When is the next time you're driving through Phoenix?
I appreciate your consideration, but I wouldn't expect you sell your good find. Plus it sounds like you've got those batteries committed to saving an expensive grocery bill. I'm still wavering on a battery decision. So much good discussion on different options. I think my best course of action is to come at it from a different angle. In a few weeks, I will bring the Aframe out of storage, and measure all my 12V needs. Calculate from there. One thing I've gathered from all these discussions, is everyone has done what is best for them and their needs. And I need to do the same. Nice to know so many options.
ccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:40 AM   #43

Ok.

Now, just to drive my northern neighbors crazy first campout of the year, about a month ago:

Just a random spot in the desert, out with my new pooch, his first experience camping.
Winterizing? What's that?
Happy camping!

2012 Rockwood A128 (no S)
2016 Ram Power Wagon 6.4L Hemi 4x4
DanM-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, led, select