Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #1

Bed strut pushed out bed support.

I have a 2013 A122. There is a strut under the bed which holds the bed up when you lift it to access the storage under the bed. Two weeks ago, I noticed the frame for the bed was pushed out about two inches, creating a gap above the Dometic air conditioner.

My dealer looked at it while winterizing my unit today. He said the stut appears to have pushed out the bed support. Wow, that strut must be really strong, or the bed frame support must be really weak! I don't know which.

Since I rarely lift the bed, he was going to take out the stut, push back the bed frame support, and provide some new support for the bed support.

Has this happened to anyone?
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #2

Construction non-quality runs rampant in the A-frame line.

I went to put a strut or latch on the passenger side of the dinette seat of my 2014 A122 to hold the seat up while we were accessing the compartment. The plastic hinges were effectively broken, so I had to replace those first.

As I tried to get a set of metal hinges to work, I realized the whole seat frame was out of square, which was what caused the plastic hinges to fail in the 1st place. I had to recut the seat bottom to a non-square shape and re-mount the hinges to get the thing to function properly.

When I unscrewed the cover to take a peek at whether or not I had drainage problems with the Cool Cat (floor drain functions well in my case), I found the framing for the divider with the Cool Cat to be totally misaligned with the plywood cover. No functional issues so I left it alone.

Each a-frame unit seems to have its own set of quality issues. Some will overlap with other units, some will not. So it seems it's not poor design, but poor execution during construction.

just my thoughts and experiences
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 a-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

Same thing happened to me. I reworked everything using screws instead of stables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed