Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2015, 11:01 AM   #1

Beeping?

My 2014 Rockwood Aframe is winterized and stored closed in the garage. Once a month I plug it in for a couple of days to keep the battery charged. Now we are hearing a beep every couple if minutes from inside. It's not a chirp from the smoke detector but a beep. I would think this is from a low battery on my Carbon Monoxide detector, but my battery is fully charged. My manual is closed up tightly inside. Any idea what and why something is beeping? Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
boss mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:26 AM   #2

Did you check your microwave? Some will beep when they power back on from a no power situation prompting to set the clock. Just a thought...
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #3

The carbon monoxide/smoke detector will sound like a beep on some models when the item is bad or low 9 volt battery. Mine does.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Make sure the battery is in fact being charged, ( ie battery shutoff switch on if you have one). Sounds like low battery, How old is battery?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:10 PM   #5

I just had to same thing happen to me, everytime I would let the dog out I'd hear a beeping coming from the trailer in the yard. I had to put a few things inside it so when I went in, I tracked it to a low 9volt battery in the carbon monoxide detector.

I'm sure it's something simple like that for you too.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #6
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I would surf the web on your detector. They do have a shelf life. And then (maybe)subtract 1/2 of that?
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
My 2014 Rockwood Aframe is winterized and stored closed in the garage. Once a month I plug it in for a couple of days to keep the battery charged. Now we are hearing a beep every couple if minutes from inside. It's not a chirp from the smoke detector but a beep. I would think this is from a low battery on my Carbon Monoxide detector, but my battery is fully charged. My manual is closed up tightly inside. Any idea what and why something is beeping? Thank you for your help.

Put the beeping aside for now, the bigger question is are you completely disconnecting the battery when not charging it. If not it is possible you are getting your battery drained by parasitic power draw like the LP detector, maybe a radio, and any other electronics that are plugging in to the 12 volt system. It is best practice in a case like yours to charge the battery up and then unhook one of the wires from your battery.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #8

Yes, I plug it in and then after a couple of days I unplug and remove my negative wire. I think I will try the 9 volt replacement.

boss mare is offline   Reply With Quote