Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #21

there now is 4 lane highway that cuts right through New Brunswick. Not the greatest scenery .. but its posted at 110 kph and you can breeze right through.
If your pulling from Toronto .. i would suggest going as far as Riviere du Loup. Then hightail it down the NB four laner .. the 2 making a stop just across the NB/Nova Scotia. There are some neat little provincial parks just over this border, with tidal bays and stuff.
On your way through Cape Breton, which should not be a route to tow, stop in a place called Meat Cove ... and take your lunch. This place has stunning views ... and basically only a campground pitched ontop of the ocean cliffs.
Home
If you are still in the planning stages ... I would also put a word in for Forrillion National Park ... we did the trip last year and really enjoyed the culture and the beauty of it all.
Campsites are beautifull with lots of privacy. There is a swimming pool located on the campground, as most people cant swim in the cold ocean at these levels.

have fun ... d-mo

Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #22

This is getting interesting, maybe go to Forrillion National Park instead of Fredericton.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-993541627.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	34548

Ok I better stop procrastinating getting ready for my Tobermory camping trip today.

I think planning ahead is the best way to go....more feed back please and thanks

I'll Be Back....lol

Old 07-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #23

You may find the distance between national PArks to be too great to travel in one day. You will have to stay at private CGs or provincial Parks. I am not familiar with camping in Quebec or the parks there. As I said earlier, the Provincial Parks in NS will be comparable with the National parks and offer similar experiences. In fact, IMO the provincial parks are nicer than Keji for example. but thats just my opinion.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #24

If you go to Forillon NP take Route 2 ... as Route 1 is a mayor haul with a trailer. Route two will get you there twice as fast .. with little harm to brakes or transmission.

As for places to go to in quebec ... well we often stay at Mont Ste Anne campground near quebec city .. if you decide to stay there. Some very good trout flyfishing streams .. and 3 major waterfall to visit with an hours drive .. not to mention the beauty of Old Quebec City. We do the Quebec city thing every 3 years or so for a 4 day visit, and restaurant downtown alot.

d-mo
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #25

If you are planning to camp along the Cabot Trail (Cape Breton) yous should make reservations well in advance. You might be better off using a private CG just outside the park as a home base while you tour CB. There are several side trails off the Cabot Trail that are vary interesting. While in CB you should make it a point to go to Glace Bay. The Men of the Deep practice during the summer. There is a small charge to go and see the show but it is worth it. I found that Reta's Teas house was a tourist trap and would not go there again. If you were to stay outside of the Cabot Trail Adventures East is a nice CG. It is several miles out side of Baddeck. The KOA is located on the other side of Kelly's Mountain (over looking the Seal Island Bridge). There is a Lobster Dinner at Baddeck. It includes one lobster, all the mussels, chowder and desserts you can eat. At Louisburg there is a CG that is located on the wharf overlooking the fortress. If you go to the Fundy NP i recommend going to Hope Well Rock. There is a CG just past the entrance to the park (Ponderosa Pines). The rocks should be seen at low and high tide. There is so much to see and do on the East Coast you will have a hard time trying to fit everything in. Have a great trip and now comes the hard part, where to go and how long to stay.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
MI Camperz

Tres Bien! Il ressemble à un merveilleux voyage! Soyez heureux et en sécurité!
Time to get the French on....N'est-ce pas?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #27

ok .. there .. so lets get an update on this trip ... we have invested alot of time here ... plans/details/sightstobeseen????
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Tres Bien! Il ressemble à un merveilleux voyage! Soyez heureux et en sécurité!
Time to get the French on....N'est-ce pas?
Lol...I used my translator app:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-614772636.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	34955

BTW....thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
ok .. there .. so lets get an update on this trip ... we have invested alot of time here ... plans/details/sightstobeseen????
Update:
Three more weeks before my trip. I just got the travel guide for New Brunswick, I'll review what interesting spots and activities they have.
There is only 1 site left with electric service in La Mauricie National Park but lots of the others, I don't mind dry camping. I have to commit soon and start booking sites.

I went camping last weekend in Bruce Peninsula National Park of Canada, 4 hours away, my TV and TT perform awesome, they are ready for the trip but I found a major problem is me the driver is not ready. I guess being a city guy traveling less than 10,000 km a year. I need major tips from you guys on how to drive more than 10 hours on the same day. In my trip, I am planning to do 3 hours driving then take a 30 mins break and so on. The way I felt after I drove 3 hours straight from my last trip, if I have to do another turn will be a struggle, just imagine I have to do this more than 3 times, plus going solo makes it even difficult.

What do you do to increase your driving endurance?
What snack do have during the trip? Keep you sharp not sleepy
What do you do to make the long driving interesting when going solo?

This trip will be over 5000 km, I will take this as a challenge to make it safely and I am hoping I'll get some tips to make my driving enjoyable and not a struggle.

Driving tips please...
Old 07-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #30

Not to be off topic, but how was Bruce? We toured the southern coast of Ontario on a trip from Kentucky to Niagara falls and Bruce was one place that we thought about going back for as a special trip.

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote