Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodler View Post
What CG in Tennessee would be recommended with activities for 5yr and under?
Doodler, Looking at your signature you appear to have a good size toy hauler. There are not any good sites at Fall Creek Falls for that size unit. It is an old State Park, that sorely needs the Camping upgraded for today's units. Back when FCF was built (37 -44 as a WPA and CCC project) it was tents. While some bigger sites have been added through the years, they certainly have not kept up with today's unit sizes, or electrical requirements.

Fall Creek Falls is a great State Park, with tons of stuff to do, but it is not friendly to bigger units. Look for a camp ground in the Pikeville, TN area and drive over to the park.

I have been to Mountain Glen to check it out for our camping group. It is nice and about 15 minutes over to the park. Mountain Glen RV Park - Pikeville, Tennessee | Minutes From Fall Creek Falls State Park
Old 03-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdcamper View Post
Greeting fellow Kentuckians:
I wish to visit eastern Kentucky and am looking for a state or national park with water and 30 amp service, preferably wooded sites. Any fellow campers have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jim DiFazio
jjdcamper
Cumberland Gap National Historical Park.
It has some sites with electric and some without.
It accepts reservations.
Bathhouses are fairly modern.
The visitor center is great. Don't miss the movie they run hourly that
tells the background history of the park.
If you are walkers/hikers it's a great park.
Also fun to stroll in the little town of Cumberland Gap TN.
Middlesboro KY has shopping and restaurants if that's what you want.

We've been there twice for 5 days each time. We'll be back.
One fun not too strenuous hike is to the 3 states marker- here's a couple
photos to whet your appetite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0957.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	47410   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0953.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	47411  
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymooses View Post
You can hit the link here in my signature for the MoosePod Adventures map. We list all the campgrounds in Kentucky that we visit regularly, our favorite sites at them, etc.

If that helps any. I know from others in our group that the Twin Knobs and ones around there are very nice.
How do you do that, its a great way to keep track of where you've been.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
Doodler, Looking at your signature you appear to have a good size toy hauler. There are not any good sites at Fall Creek Falls for that size unit. It is an old State Park, that sorely needs the Camping upgraded for today's units. Back when FCF was built (37 -44 as a WPA and CCC project) it was tents. While some bigger sites have been added through the years, they certainly have not kept up with today's unit sizes, or electrical requirements.

Fall Creek Falls is a great State Park, with tons of stuff to do, but it is not friendly to bigger units. Look for a camp ground in the Pikeville, TN area and drive over to the park.

I have been to Mountain Glen to check it out for our camping group. It is nice and about 15 minutes over to the park. Mountain Glen RV Park - Pikeville, Tennessee | Minutes From Fall Creek Falls State Park

That's good to know. I would hate to drive that far and have no luck at fitting in my rig. My rig is 53' from front bumper to end of 5er, and of course I need room when unhooked. I will check into Mountain Glen.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #25

No fees that I know of at fall creek falls, as far as annual fees go. Mountain glen should be good for larger RV's. I've never stayed there but my aunt and uncle live adjacent to the park, as well as my cousin. Looks like a nice place and it is very close to Fall Creek Falls. The sites there are open and few trees. That area is called Brockdell and is exactly where I spent time with family growing up. Beautiful area.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #26

As stated before most all of the Ky State Parks are excellent and offer what you are looking for. In East Ky check out Jenny Wiley State Park, Carter Caves, Cumberland Falls and Natural Bridge. I have not been, but want to visit, Breaks Interstate Park on the Ky/VA border. It is billed as the Grand Canyon of the South. All of these campgrounds will have full hookup or water/electric. Most are in the forest with plenty of trees and geographical features ideal for photography. Also, every Ky State Park Campground I have been to are handicap accessible with sites specifically set aside for handicapped visitors. These sites have full poured concrete pads and are close to a bath house. I hope you find the spot that fits what you are looking for
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping