Old 03-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #1

Camping successful after repair issues last week

After the hassle to get the newly noticed water flow issues last week the camping trip was a success. Bubbly caught trout, didn't get lost driving thru Tulsa to Rovers Cave in Southeast Oklahoma. Trail riding my horse with our travel friends went well. Saw much pretty, climbed thru rocks and mud (the horse did the hard part) and rode one trail I can't believe I did! No turn around and super skinny single track straight up on left straight down several hundred feet other side, 2 mikes of curled toes and bitten nails. Too scary to whip out cell for last living photos. Engraved in my memory tho. Didn't seem to bother horse any as long as we agreed I wouldn't ask him to climb down without the benefit of a trail. Solid rock fave. Whew, and I thought all the crazy stud was done when young not in one's 60s! Anyway, ended well. After extended time in camper decided the high dollar screen/privacy room a worthwhile investment. Can't seem to find where to get one to sign my life away. Anyone have a current place to order from? And what should I call it when looking online? Tried cabana dome etc., and several not worthy of print. Not finding anything but standard pop up type. Forest r River no help and dealer not responding to email yet. Thoughts?

Old 03-30-2014, 03:06 AM   #2

It's the Dometic screen room you are looking for. Last cost I heard they go for is $600.

I am surprised to hear FR didn't help you? They have great in sending me parts and providing details such as exterior vinyl colors used on my 2012 model. Did you call the parts dept at Forest River?

When I negotiated the purchase of my A-Frame, I requested they include a screen room. It took 2 weeks for them to get it in. I even delayed my scheduled walk thru & pickup until it came in. I would be inclined to think the dealer you bought your unit from should be able to get you one.

I haven't used mine yet - I am still very comfortable with the ease of using my EZ Up canopy. One day I might get around to attaching the Dometic to my trailer.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #3

Thanks for info but now DH has given orders to sell our camper. He isn't happy with the hauling arrangements to accommodate horse trailer or boat and be forced to drive two vehicles. Has decided on a cab over pickup camper on his dually. That way we can do everything with one TV. For off roading we will tow FJ Cruiser and park big dually rig like a motor home and putz around in FJ. Hope this is the final change. We will be listing the Flagstaff at $10,900 after only two trips in a year. It has potty and shower and all the goodies that come with the new ones at a much higher price. I even have the homemade 12x12 awning to go with it. Is there a classifieds for section here? Thought I saw someone was looking for one. We do have that little spare tire bracket issue to fix but that shouldn't take but an hour to do quick as I get some time. Planed on that anyway. Hate to give it up but have to keep him satisfied after 46 years of working his but off as a bricklayer taking care of the kids and me.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Yes, there's a classifieds forum. I'm on my smartphone which is way smarter than I am otherwise I would include the link. If you are on a computer you should see it in the banner towards the upper part of the page (if I remember correctly). Or search for it in the listing of forums (pc or smartphone).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:48 AM   #5

Sorry to read that you are parting ways with your A-Frame.

The Classifieds can be found by clicking the tab at the top of the page labeled "Classifieds" or click the hyperlink below:

Forest River Classifieds | Buy |Sell |Trade - Forest River Forums

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #6

Thanks guys, found it by just slowing down and using logic. Knew it was there but just flustered at the time. Hope it finds a new home fast to not drag out the frustration. Everyone here on forums have been so nice.

Tags
camping, repair