Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

cassette fill issue

Having problem figuring out how to recharge cassette tank. Maybe just stupid me but having problem getting water and chemical into fill reservoir. Pictures supplied not helping this old female, lefthanded, dyslexic, over 60 person. Did find that the level indicator tube was twisted/crimped. Would that be the problem? It seems that the plastic flexible lower part wants to collapse. Any suggestions? Swivels out upper fill spout but water won't go in. HELP!
trailgranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #2

Don't put chemicals in the fill spout, put them directly into the bowl. Our last trailer had the same setup (sounds like it, anyway). That upper spout is kind of like a P trap. It takes a little bit of pressure to get the water to go in. It'll look like it's going to spill out as you fill...and a little might, but it'll start to go into the tank as you get steady water going into it.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

As raspivey said, do not put chemicals in the fresh water tank. Chemicals will damage seals. The blue stuff should go in the black water tank along with a small amount of fresh water after the tank is emptied. More people could help if you were to post some photos of where the problem is.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. My toilet instructions said not to put chemical in thru stool, go figure. Mine came pre-filled and sight gauge was blue showing it was full. It's a 2013 model. I can never remember my model but it's the one they discontinued w/potty shower combo opposite the entry door and rear dinette bed combo. Just the two of us so great. Will try filling again. Thanks again for prompt responses!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

The cassette isnt too bad. Fill top fresh with fresh water only. Take the black tank out, add 4oz of chem and about 2 liters of water via the black tank dump spout. You're set to 'go'.

Empty before leaving the CG and rinse thoroughly when you arrive home. I fill about 1/4 with water to the dump neck of the black tank, shake a bit then dump about 2 or 3 times.

Winterize by the same plus remove the top of the black tank and (with rubber gloves on) rub olive oil on the tank seal before winter storage. 3 years in and I'm still good. Same Thetford model the 124 has in my a126.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #6

Thanks. It's not that we don't know anything about RV toilets and winterizing, 50 years experiences with all of them, just that this type is new enough and plumbed so differently and even different than standard Porta potty that the concept is new. Know where water is supposed to go in, it just doesn't want to. There is a pinch in the sight tube that I thought may be obstructing air venting when filling. Been really hectic here lately, maybe like at it some more tomorrow. No dealers near here in the bonus of Oklahoma familiar with them either. Onward.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 AM   #7

Try calling.

Thetford Corporation
Customer Service Department
1-800-543-1219

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM   #8

We use Wag Bags with our toilet. Simplifies life. No dumping and no filling and recharging.
Barteln is offline   Reply With Quote