Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #1

Ceiling light "lampshades"

Some of you may know that Slim Potatohead on YouTube devised a light reflector/lampshade that he attaches to the ceiling of his Aliner around the stock lights. It prevents the lights from flooding the entire trailer. This would work fine with our Flagstaff/Rockwoods as well.

I want to make a couple of these to put in the trailer for next season, and I'm having trouble finding the right video on YT (will post after I do), but meanwhile, just wondering, have any of you tried this, and how are they working out?

Nights camped since 2016: 370
JArry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JArry View Post
Some of you may know that Slim Potatohead on YouTube devised a light reflector/lampshade that he attaches to the ceiling of his Aliner around the stock lights. It prevents the lights from flooding the entire trailer. This would work fine with our Flagstaff/Rockwoods as well.

I want to make a couple of these to put in the trailer for next season, and I'm having trouble finding the right video on YT (will post after I do), but meanwhile, just wondering, have any of you tried this, and how are they working out?
Here is the link to the video in which he shows how he made the "shades." I haven't tried it, but it is a great idea and solution for those lights.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHManning View Post
Here is the link to the video in which he shows how he made the "shades." I haven't tried it, but it is a great idea and solution for those lights.
Thanks! I'd kept meaning to dig for the video but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I will report back if and when I try it.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:23 PM   #4

Correction: The video linked above is not the one I was looking for.

After zipping through video previews for hours, I FINALLY found the one where he actually gives the details of the materials, dimensions, etc. So if anyone is interested:

https://youtu.be/GpR8923I-Mk

Tags
light