Old 10-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #21
Never understood why, especially with fold down campers, they do not come with a 12 dc kill switch. In my opinion there is no need to have any draw on the 12 volt system when a fold down camper is being stored folded down. As for charging the battery while the camper is being stored, I do not care for that either, as the charger is in the trailer. I am not fond of having any sort of equipment running inside a closed down folding camper. Most fold down camper companies warn about this, especially with regard to leaving ceiling lights on. Be safe and just disconnect the battery any time you store your trailer. Also this removes all doubt that you may have left something on inside the trailer. I always make sure I kill the AC main breaker in the camper and disconnect the battery when my fold down is not in use. It is easy and safe. I use an external charger to top off the charge on the battery now and then should it set for awhile. I am going to guess most fold down camper users, disconnect the battery in some way while the camper is not being used.

2015 Flagstaff T12TST A Frame
2011 Toy. Sienna w/tow prep
Bob P is offline   Reply With Quote

battery, charging, frame, a-frame