Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
I was concerned about this as well, but I think needlessly. It's quieter than the overhead unit we had in our travel trailer. It's a little noisier on the outside of the camper, on the rear side by the Cool Cat. I'd guess it's no noisier than an overhead RV AC unit, and that it just seems louder because it's at ground level.

We felt only a minimal vibration to the bed from the AC. Rather than listening to the Cool Cat's fan cycle on and off each time the AC needed to kick on, at night we set the fan to "Low" instead of "Auto". Just some constant white noise from the Cool Cat's fan, and only a slight difference in tone when the compressor for the AC would kick on. It didn't wake me up even once over the four nights we camped. My wife's elbow when I was snoring is another thing altogether.
We like the white noise of the Cool Cat when we sleep as well. I can't wait for cooler temps so we can sleep with the windows open.

We purchased the awning with our Aframe and love it. It gets easier each time you put it up.

Regarding the temp difference between the floor and the peak, that bugs me. A fan helps to equalize the temps.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
We like the white noise of the Cool Cat when we sleep as well. I can't wait for cooler temps so we can sleep with the windows open.

We purchased the awning with our Aframe and love it. It gets easier each time you put it up.

Regarding the temp difference between the floor and the peak, that bugs me. A fan helps to equalize the temps.
The temperature differential enven between the floor and the bed is noticeable. Aside from putting my O2 Cool fan on the floor, I can't see an easy way to circulate the air. Maybe a ceiling fan mod?

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
Denver, CO

Has anyone run a Cool Cat with a 2K portable generator and does it work? Would be a good drycamp option if it does??
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
Has anyone run a Cool Cat with a 2K portable generator and does it work? Would be a good drycamp option if it does??
Out home is at 800 ft. and our Champion 2000w generator ($479.00 at Costco) powers the Cool Cat just fine at 95 degrees. Don't know yet how it will do at 8000 ft.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #15

I typically use the fantastic fan to pull out the heat inside & use the Cool Cat fans to circulate air. When both are on, it cools down pretty quickly. I rarely use the A/C. I have used the Cool Cat & Fantastic Fan with the Champion 2000, no problems. The little generator cannot power the A/C.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
The temperature differential enven between the floor and the bed is noticeable. Aside from putting my O2 Cool fan on the floor, I can't see an easy way to circulate the air. Maybe a ceiling fan mod?
We went camping a couple of weeks ago near Ft. Worth and played around a little with a fan on the floor pointing up. It seems to help a little, but still not perfect. At one point I picked the fan up and held it somewhere around waist level or a little higher, still pointing up. We noticed the difference immediately as the peak of the camper cooled quickly. So I'm wondering if a ceiling fan mod of some kind would. I think I will try putting the fan on the counter top instead of the floor next time.

Another idea I had (since the A/C is recessed under our bed) was to fab some ductwork from the A/C to come out from under the bed and blow up.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #17

We close all the windows sceptic the one over the bed and when using the ceiling vent fan it will pull the fresh air right across the bed and out the roof, no problem.

We also have a 12V stand up Endless Breeeze fantastic fan, works great and has relatively low amp draw.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlus View Post
We close all the windows sceptic the one over the bed and when using the ceiling vent fan it will pull the fresh air right across the bed and out the roof, no problem.

We also have a 12V stand up Endless Breeeze fantastic fan, works great and has relatively low amp draw.
That is how I dry camp. It works very well to keep me cool at night.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #19
Mostly Harmless

I also have an Endless Breeze fan and in conjunction with the CoolCat it keeps things nice and comfy without stratification. We set it on the microwave cabinet pointed toward the passenger side rear corner. That sets up a circular breeze running around the walls. It picks up the CoolCat's outflow. We crack open the ceiling vent but don't turn that fan on. Even on its lowest speed the Endless Breeze does a great job. Pricey but worth it.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #20

The cool cat vents can be adjusted to blow up towards the ceiling. That really helped!!