Old 02-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #41
Originally Posted by iluvlcy View Post
I guess we are the exception, we only cook inside with grilling outside occasionaly. Use the oven almost daily, we do use the crockpot outside, I love to cook but as a city girl,only inside!
Pam, I guess I am the exception with you. I do all my cooking and baking inside. Sometimes, Bob will grill outside, but for the most part, we cook inside.

Riding Shotgun with Bob
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #42
Originally Posted by Earth Station View Post
We try to do all of the cooking outside. Usually in or on cast iron!
Cast Iron...and outside too.
You're a good man sir!

2009 Chevy Silverado/2500/6.0/3.73/CC
2013 Rockwood Roo 233s
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #43
While our FE has a wonderful kitchen, we also prefer to cook outdoors, weather permitting. We carry a portable Coleman grill and a Coleman stove, plus most of the sites we stay at have charcoal grills. The only cooking we have done indoors lately is by crock pot.

2012 Freedom Express 295 RLDS
2011 Ford F-150 Texas Edition
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
psaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
We do the majority of our cooking indoors.

2002 GMC Sierra C2500 HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS
Pat, Michele and 2 old dogs, Shug & Sissy
rowdydog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
I'd prefer cooking outside, but don't have that option.
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #46
Just got a new SP-240. It was the outside kitchen that sold me. DW can't wait for me to take on more of the cooking.
Saw a couple of post on the Traeger portable. How do you like it compared to the larger models?
Virginia Beach
2007 Tocoma / 20013 SP-240 BR
Powerblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #47
This past summer, I did most of my cooking inside. We did cook a few times at the fire, but we didn't have everything we needed for more-advanced cooking at fire.

We never used the RVQue grill. Not because we didn't want to, but because there's no where to easily STORE it. It doesn't fit into any of the storage areas inside, and our carry-rack on front was usually full. I'm still trying to figure out something out.
2012 Lincoln MKX
2013 Rockwood A122BH A-Frame
ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #48
I have to agree with you on the differences between Aliner and Flagstaff. Aliner are nice but I think Flagstaff's are better. I started out looking at Aliner's until the dealer showed me the Flagstaff features and the difference in price. I even tried with working with the Aline company rep, but they wouldn't build one to my specs. And if I rember correctly, when you hook up to the water supply, it fills the fresh water tank first and then you draw from that. Which means you have to drain the fresh water tank every time you go camping or you're drinking stale water.
I live alone and camp alone. Sometimes a friend of mine will come for a few days but he always brings his own tent, which he prefers. A lot of open floor space was not a requirement of mine as much as the permanent bed was. Where you have your coffee pot, I plan on putting one of those Sterilite 3 drawer cabinets you see in Walmart. I've had it for years and it holds all my utensils and the top drawer is my junk drawer. All small odds and ends like a tube of super glue, rubber bands, pocket knife etc. I'm hoping my coffee pot will fit between the sink and the wall as there is an outlet close by, between the mattress and the sink cabinet wall. It's there to plug in the heated mattress, which I'll probably never use. Due to the difficulty in making the bed up everyday in a pop up, I have zipped two sleeping bags together. One is a three pound and one a five pound. The three goes on top in the summer and the five goes on top in the cooler weather. With the two zipped together, it more than provides the same sleeping conditions of a full size bed. (I'm getting lazy in my old age.) All I have to do is flip them over to match the weather conditions but with a 20,000 BTU heat pump, I'll probably always have the three on top now. I did put a fitted sheet over the mattress but I couldn't find one that fit properly so it's not tight. For some reason, all the queen size fitted sheets are 14" deep and my mattress is 5" deep. Oh well.
Hard sided should retain the heat & A/C much better than my old camper anyway so I don't anticipate any concerns. Now, if I could only get rid of that stove!
How do post pictures on this website?
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #49
sorry .. but your incorrect about the direct line water. it doesnt fill your tank .. but bypasses it ... thats why there are two different fittings on the side of your trailer .. the one that attaches directly to the tap .. and the fill up port.

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #50
Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the Aliner that goes through a holding tank, not mine. Yes, mine has two ports, one for the holding tank and one for the direct feed to the faucets. Glad to see so many astute forum readers! Happy camping.

jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote