Old 09-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
IME, they work best if the door side of the camper is slightly higher than the service side.
After reading this thread and looking under my camper, I have changed my mind about tilting the camper to aid in drainage. It now appears to me that the Coolcat under floor drain is meant to be the primary drain and the side tubes are the overflow. So no need to adjust the level.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:11 PM   #12

X2

Old 09-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #13

kinda hate to disagree with two good members .. but i find that the coolcat will drain through the hoses if tilted just a bit to the drivers side... what i find with my unit is there seems to be a bit of a vapor/liquid lock that causes the hoses not to drain properly ...

try this if they are not draining ... give them a pinch with your fingers ... and you are sure to see condensate ... i use a small twig on the on both hoses .. and it drains both in heat and cool mode ..

d-mo
Old 09-17-2015, 09:10 PM   #14

Those drains are just each about 4 inches long, open at each end, laying in the water catch tray. We've had rain threatening in Florida for two days, high humidity. The water pooled in the tray to where I could hear the rush of exhaust air passing over it, but until the tray overflows, no water drains. The tubes are basically worthless IMO.
Tilting the trailer could help empty the drain pan I suppose, but at cost of possible frig mis-function. FR has done it again, looks good, not functional !
Old 09-18-2015, 11:49 PM   #15

I went to the local Rockwood dealer today and looked under the coolcat heat pump on a 2016 A122. There is no longer a drain under it just the plastic tubes coming out the side. When speaking with the dealer about drainage he stated the only drains for coolcat are those tubes. It appears at some point manufacturer eliminated the floor drain. My 2012 has the floor drain and does drain from there and also side tubes depending on how level camper is. Not sure what year bottom drain was eliminated but new ones apparently will drain from side tubes only according to dealer.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #16

After reading the most recent posts, I went under the Flagstaff T12RB Flagstaff: there is no floor drain. AC has been running in driveway for a week here in FL, making popping sounds last 3-4 days, lots of water in pan, not draining at all, pinched tubes, no response, sent coat hanger wire thru w/ minimal drip started. All floors dry thank goodness. But where does the water go?? Tipped camper to the driver side and toward the back. Finally, some water dripping from tube as well as from under the bottom edge vent cover. Took a bulb syringe to tube, sucked out mucho water each hit but it stops when fan stops. Still tilted but minimal water running out past two hours, go figure ! I don't see how this setup could benefit the propane frig when camping with AC.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:06 AM   #17

To help clarify how these coolcats drain I removed top panels above coolcat and also looked into outside cover where plastic tube drains are located and discovered that in my model (2012 a124) there is a thin plastic liner under the ENTIRE coolcat unit which incorporates the floor drain I spoke of in an earlier post but the actual drain pan made of heavy gauge metal for condensate, which is part of the coolcat and where the tubes come out of, is the primary drain as the dealer informed me and the installation and operation manual for coolcat also states. The plastic liner is not part of coolcat but placed under it similar to what some do with there home water heaters to collect any leaking water from ending up on the floor. I believe both D-mo and Pooneil in his original statement were correct to level camper slightly lower on the side with the coolcat. If plastic tubes are not plugged it will drain when water condensate reaches a certain level. I will add also you cannot see plastic liner from the outside because coolcat has kind of a plastic card board around it and it blocks the view of the plastic pan from the outside of camper but if you remove wood panels from top of coolcat on the inside you will see plastic liner extends to the wall of camper. I am very comfortable with the fact that if water leaks from anywhere around coolcat it will go into this catch all plastic pan and drain through floor. I repeat this is on a 2012 Rockwood a124. Hope this helps a little!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:05 PM   #18

Mzak- thanks for going the extra mile on this issue.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #19

My 2015 A122S has the 2" drain/hole in the pan.

2015 A122S and 2011 Work and Play WR30
2005 F-150 SuperCrew, 5.4L, tow package, 3.73 axle
2011 F-350 SuperCrew, 6.7L, FX4, 4x4, DRW, tow package, 3.55 axle
cheriesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:41 AM   #20

The picture shows the hole and the shiny thing is the coolcat. This in towards the middle of the camper, not the outside edge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1443011938195.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	89654  

2015 A122S and 2011 Work and Play WR30
2005 F-150 SuperCrew, 5.4L, tow package, 3.73 axle
2011 F-350 SuperCrew, 6.7L, FX4, 4x4, DRW, tow package, 3.55 axle
cheriesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, pump