If it had just been at the campground I would have said there were brownouts there due to the high current draw of all the campers using AC at the same time. Given that you have the same symptoms at home, either that's not the problem or you don't have it plugged into a 30-amp circuit at home. Most home garage-area outlets have 15 or 20 amp service, enough to run the microwave but not enough for the AC unit. The fan may run on that amperage but the compressor might not start or would quit soon after. See what it will do on a full 30 amp hookup without brownouts.
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Lee, WU0V, and Courtenay, N0ZDT
2011 Rockwood A128
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator