Old 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #11

I don't know if these help or not. Basically, there is a "hoop" around the front with three poles that attach to sockets which are sewn in the awning. One at the peak and one on each side. The hoop comes in three segmented pieces for the top front, and a two piece leg on each side. The poles expand to hold the hoop away from the trailer. Every thing else is velcro and stakes to hold down the edges.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #12

Hi All,

I'd like to thank everyone for thier thoughts on the awning. My dealer's bottom line is $750 ($650 for the actual awning and then approx $100 on shipping since it comes from back east). Not going with the dealer....

Old 06-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertwilde View Post
Hi All,

I'd like to thank everyone for thier thoughts on the awning. My dealer's bottom line is $750 ($650 for the actual awning and then approx $100 on shipping since it comes from back east). Not going with the dealer....
You must have really gotten into the dealers "uncomfortable zone" for purchase price then if he wouldn't work with you on the awning....which is a good, too.

LM
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #14

Thx, they came down more than I had expected, but then they wanted $400 for a "go pack" which consisted of to, chemicals, a water hose, ac adapter, battery, the water pressure valve that goes between the hose and the camper and purge and fill my propane tanks. Bottom line: I turned down the package but took the battery and ac adapter which was not much at all. The other stuff cost about $35. They wanted $120 to purge and fill my propane. They ended up doing that as part of the deal because they could not complete he walk thru without it. Suffice it to say I saved about $245 on "the package". Overall I am very happy with the service I'm getting from them. Waiting is the hardest part.

The dealer called earlier this week and said hey were prepping my camper and had a problem with the ac in my unit. I will not be taking delivery tomorrow as initially planned, but they are replacing the ac and the thermostat and I should be able to take delivery on the 15th. I'm glad they are doing it that way.....

Deb

Tags
awning, a-frame