Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 07:36 AM   #1

Cover for a A122BH

I would like to get a cover for our new A122BH in order to keep the UV rays off it. Is there a cover made specifically for this trailer, or is there another option.
God Bless!
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #2

In the other option category, I use a 20X8 foot white tarp ordered from Home Depot's web site. The typical problem with tarps is that they don't allow ventilation and capture the heat inside. So using the 8 foot wide tarp just covers the top.

The cover has a pvc pipe spreader bar in the middle to keep it open on the sides and off the top of the camper. Shorter pieces of pvc pipe in the front and back keep it spread and provide attachments for the bungies that hold it down. The PVC is attached using fender washers and pop rivets through the tarp grommets.

A few things about the tarp vs a typical pop up cover is that I can access the door without having to remove the cover and it is less susceptible to tearing on the corners. It is certainly cheaper to replace if it does tear. The drawback to access is that the sides of the camper are not protected from UV. My storage spot is partially shaded, so the camper sides don't get direct sun.

I don't have any firm info on how much the white tarp actually blocks the UV, but it certainly does block some. If heat isn't as much of an issue where you live, then a dark tarp would block practically everything.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:03 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Most covers are generic but are different for MH TT and 5er You buy by length. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #4

Hi! I was wondering if you (Smurf) ended up buying a cover and your thoughts on the one you purchased? Thanks!
rubyroux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122, a122bh, cover