Old 06-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #11

I bought a Camco 45764 14'-16' ULTRAGuard Pop-Up Camper Cover (46"H x 87"W) for my 2014 a122s.. I like it alot.. I agree.. it keeps the aframe very clean.. as far as wasps, bees and flies. . Yes they get under the cover.. but it's so hot under there they are all dead when I take the cover off. You must be careful with any cover on the corners of the aframe.. easy to get holes in the cover. I have four wash cloths... I lay one over each corner to soften the sharp roof edge corners. I bought the cover for about $110 on Amazon. The cover fits nicely over the rear spare tire and all the way over the battery in the front. I use a small tarp over the power tongue jack and propane tanks.

Old 06-19-2016, 10:17 AM   #12

I would love to hear suggestions about protecting the skylights from scratching from the cover rubbing over them. We had heard that a cover could really damage them. I saw one poster made a box to cover the largest one, but any ideas and photos would help!

I am also thinking of a canopy type garage, if anyone has ideas or experience with that as a protection.

mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypcb View Post
I would love to hear suggestions about protecting the skylights from scratching from the cover rubbing over them. We had heard that a cover could really damage them. I saw one poster made a box to cover the largest one, but any ideas and photos would help!

I am also thinking of a canopy type garage, if anyone has ideas or experience with that as a protection.
Following the suggestion of another forum member, I made a box for the front window out of 1 inch foam insulation board from the orange box home store. It is relatively easy to cut, can be held together with Liquid Nails, short deck screws and tape to make it very sturdy. Cut a one piece top the size needed to cover the window, then cut the sides out of the remainder. It may take two sheets to get full sides.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #14

We have three skylights, does your model have those also? If so, did you make boxes for each. I think that is a great idea. Was there a concensation issue at all from rain or snow? The dealer told us that the cover can also cause issues with rubbing on the corners. Do you protect your corners as well?
mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 04:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypcb View Post
We have three skylights, does your model have those also? If so, did you make boxes for each. I think that is a great idea. Was there a concensation issue at all from rain or snow? The dealer told us that the cover can also cause issues with rubbing on the corners. Do you protect your corners as well?
I have a single box that covers both lights in back.

There is an airspace between the cover and most of the roof and ventilation from the sides. Yes there is some condensation that lingers longer in the morning because the roof is not heated by the sun. OTOH, the morning dew will tend to stay on the tarp so there are fewer times that the camper top is wet. I replaced the tarp recently because the dew was running through the sun damaged material. IDK how this really all works out in the end.

Corner rubbing has not been a problem as far as tearing the tarp. It would be a problem with some other covers.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover