Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #1

Currently attending Forest River's RV Ownwrs Rally im Indiana

If you are not here this week you are missing out on a great RV Rally in Goshen, Indiana sponsored by Forest River. 353 units of all sizes with over 700 people in attendance. Forest River is providing free tech service, food, factory tours, seminars, sightseeing tours and lots of vendors.
SurveyorWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #2

Its great so far and its day 2. Helped with parking never seen so many units in one campground . They even have a street sweeper. Food is great
2013 so far 48 days
geodavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Retread Popup Owner

Man, am I jealous. We'll be keeping an eye on the calendar for next year for sure.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
Man, am I jealous. We'll be keeping an eye on the calendar for next year for sure.
Agreed. I'm not normally into the big crowd kind of scene, but it does sound the like the rally is pretty awesome.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #5

Next year, I highly suggest as many Aframe campers come to next Forest River Owners group Rally in Indiana. Awesome tech service, food, meeting new people, etc.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Agreed. I'm not normally into the big crowd kind of scene, but it does sound the like the rally is pretty awesome.
Yeah. Even though I don't generally like my camping trips to be structured, this rally sounds like it was really done right with lots of cool stuff going on. I have had fun following it daily on this site. Great job by the folks who organized it.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #7

We are hoping to go next year, so would love to see some pictures.
Lorigirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #8

Already had planned a Pokagon State park trip next week is real closeto Goshen but couldn't get this week off.....
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #9

Maybe if I were there FR could handle my warranty problem instead of giving me and the dealer the run around on getting parts because they are preparing for the rally.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Maybe if I were there FR could handle my warranty problem instead of giving me and the dealer the run around on getting parts because they are preparing for the rally.

same thoughts......
contacted a FR rep with some of my concerns per my new unit... ( who just happened to say he was the 'parts person' of a certain division) he said that he would forward my questions/problems/concerns to the correct person....... (I heard crickets....)

A Rally should be a happy time so celebrate what you have...... glad I am NOT there.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #11

9 times out of ten it is dealer that is causing you issues not Forest River. There are over 350 rigs here this week who I can guarantee are 110% pleased with Forest River.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
NELA

To be fair though RascalRV, 350 out of what, multiple thousands?, isn't that impressive.

I read somewhere else yesterday (on this forum) that someone was having issues getting a part shipped (not a direct quote) because so many were either preparing for or were at the rally.

As a former service oriented business owner, my thought was "that's poor planning, to rob a department of so many employees that service suffers" for those not at the rally.

I've no doubt those at the rally are 110% happy, what's to be unhappy about? (wink) Unfortunately not everyone with issues re their RV could be there.

In a perfect world of RVing, there'd be no need for roving teams of techs there to repair anyone's RV and everyone would be 200% happy with their dealer, *and* their manufacturer, right?

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalRv View Post
9 times out of ten it is dealer that is causing you issues not Forest River. There are over 350 rigs here this week who I can guarantee are 110% pleased with Forest River.
Do not disagree with you. The Dealer fixed 9 out of 10 problems that I had. The one that he did not fix, I was told by 'the Dealer' that there was no fix to be had.... I later called a service tech (Coach-Net) and was told that it was 'fixable'. I am returning the unit to the Dealer in two days (motor jammed issue on the back slide out the last two times I took it on the road) and will speak to them in a nice but firm tone.

Forest River takes many components from different vendors and puts together a many wonderful RVs. My wife and I looked at every product that Forest River has online and in brochures and drove in three different directions from my home one way at least 130 miles to 4 different Dealers in the course of 3 months. We walked through dozens of FR campers for hours, testing the beds, sofas, slides, ect. The last final two on our 'list' were side by side and we went back and forth for 2 1/2 hours in each one before deciding on what would be our home and the road. Forest River has high standards and I know that at the end of 'The Day' that they will be all be met.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #14

I am told my seal will be in on Friday. My plan is to wait for confirmation then take the trailer to the dealer Monday afternoon so I can pick it up on Friday. That is the plan, at any rate. The dealer service department has had a rather blasé attitude about the wait for parts. Or, perhaps it is just resignation.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 08-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #15

I've called FR several times for product info and parts purchase. Theyve been nothing but helpful and courteous. They've even followed up to make sure I had what I needed -another time, they returned my call bright and early the next day, after I missed them during business hours. From complaints on other threads, its my observation the lack of service is a dealer thing. In our warranty, its pretty specific about remedying a covered problem within a certain time frame if it is due to their workmanship or materials whereas it is also specifoc that the OTHER products that are warranted by individual manufacturers are NOT covered by FR and there is a list of authorized service centers available for those specific products....which in a nutshell means an owner does not have to go to the dealer to have it covered, they just go to the authorized service center.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #16

Here are the dates for the 2014 FROG International Rally in Goshen, Indiana. August 3rd through the 9th. More info at the Forest River website -- http://forestriverfrog.com/Events/
Old 08-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #17

The rally was incredible! Techs who did the work on my unit were superb. Problems that my dealer has been giving me the run-around on since May were taken care of within two days, including a new table that had to be custom built. Happily took care of everything with professionalism and a smile. Won't be going to my dealer with anything. I will go to the rally next year and have the guys who know what they are doing take care of any issues large or small that might crop up. If you are getting the run around, I would bet that it is NOT coming from Forest River. Check it out before making derogatory remarks. Extremely glad I WAS there! Hope to see you at the rally next year!
Cyndilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #18

Its good that your issue was properly fixed.

My seal came into the dealer so I took the camper out there yesterday. I left work at 2 pm, was hitched by 2:30 and on my way with no traffic getting out of town. Stopped by Trader Joes on the way back and made it home by 5:00 to cook dinner. I will probably have to pick it up on Monday.

I am still concerned that the dealer service department doesn't have much experience in fixing these A frames. If that is true, they may not understand the cause of the initial problem sufficiently to prevent a recurrence. Or the seal failure may just be that it was hurriedly installed without proper care and the dealer tech can easily fix it. Time will tell.

2012 Rockwood A122S