It's winter. I'm stuck inside until at least April, probably. Camper is slumbering quietly outside. We're both eager to get out again as soon as spring hits.
Of course, now is the time I start thinking about all those mods I can do to change my A122BH into something more, and start checking out the state of the industry for inspiration and a little shopping envy.
So I got to thinking, if I had my perfect A-Frame, what would it have. So here's a thread.
My Perfect Aframe would have, over and above normal stuff we get...
- 15 foot box, with the Toy Hauler deck on the front. Long but flexible!
- Cassette Toilet/Shower optional, otherwise storage. I'd take storage personally.
- Reinforced rear bumper to hitch-mount a bike rack capable of holding at least two bikes.
- Storage on the rear bumper as well - maybe a box for storing the RVQue for example.
- Roof Lifters (although I hear they are standard now!)
- A REAL interior screen door
- Dormer style roof front and back, but NOT canvas like the aliners - solid wall like the rest of the walls. Could this even be done - not sure - I imagine it getting complicated? Canvas just gets too cold.
- Buttons for hot water heater and water pump up high in easy to get to places
- 15 gallon grey-water tank
- OPTION - Lose the microwave and replace it with an actual storage cabinet.
- OPTION - replace the coolcat with a small AC unit. Would love it to be efficiently small enough to run easily off a standard 2000w generator.
- 15" wheels and off road suspension
- 100w solar panel pre-installed, or at least pre-run and hidden wires
- Non-crappy dinette table easier to setup-take down
Well ... a man can dream after all...
What's your dream A-Frame?