Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Dometic Screen Room Troubles/Questions

I purchased Flagstaff model T21TBHW which is the same as the Rockwood A213HW. It took several months and several tries but finally got my screen room. The dealer I am working with cannot answer my questions so I am turning to a current owner with hopes you can give me some help.
The instructions that came with the screen room are for the 12 foot room and seem to differ greatly from the room I received. I have figured it all out except there are no "sockets" at the trailer ends of the tent, front nor back. There is a socket at the peak. Does your tent have sockets for the roof poles at the front and back of the trailer?
Thank you for your response in advance. We leave for Florida Monday and would like to test it out before leaving.
boatman811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 10:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman811 View Post
I purchased Flagstaff model T21TBHW which is the same as the Rockwood A213HW. It took several months and several tries but finally got my screen room. The dealer I am working with cannot answer my questions so I am turning to a current owner with hopes you can give me some help.
The instructions that came with the screen room are for the 12 foot room and seem to differ greatly from the room I received. I have figured it all out except there are no "sockets" at the trailer ends of the tent, front nor back. There is a socket at the peak. Does your tent have sockets for the roof poles at the front and back of the trailer?
Thank you for your response in advance. We leave for Florida Monday and would like to test it out before leaving.
I have the 12 foot screen room and there are sockets for the poles at the trailer ends of the screen room front and back and at the peak for the roof poles.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #3

X2

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #4
194'er

X2

2015 rockwood 194A HW.
Jaydubya81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #5

We have the same unit, T21TBHW, and our screen room has three sockets on the trailer side (sides and peak) and those poles clip on to the outer arch poles (screen door side). Our screen room is a Dometic brand.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #6

My unit is also a Dometic screen room but it sounds like there are significant differences. I have a socket at the peak but no sockets at the sides. Forest river sent me two sockets and said they should be velcro wed to the sides of the trailer. Seems strange but it works. Because of placement however they have to be taken off before lowering the roof. My top poles do not "clip" to the curved font support. There are holes drilled in curved pole and "pins" in the side and peak roof poles that fit into those holes. Again works but not at all like the instructions.
Does your tent run the entire length of the peaked roof? Front to back? Does your bug screen run the entity length of the trailer box and fit around the steps properly? How long have you had your screen room? Thanks
Old 01-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #7
194'er

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1483461280.786565.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	127504
I've had my screen room since I bought the he camper little over a year ago. I thought this picture could help maybe? The pic shows the room attached to the camper in my driveway, I was doing a test run before I had to set it up for real, when other people are watching in the campground!
Also my bug screens do cover the entire length of the camper, and goes behind the steps perfectly. I hope this helps

2015 rockwood 194A HW.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman811 View Post
My unit is also a Dometic screen room but it sounds like there are significant differences. I have a socket at the peak but no sockets at the sides. Forest river sent me two sockets and said they should be velcro wed to the sides of the trailer. Seems strange but it works. Because of placement however they have to be taken off before lowering the roof. My top poles do not "clip" to the curved font support. There are holes drilled in curved pole and "pins" in the side and peak roof poles that fit into those holes. Again works but not at all like the instructions.
Does your tent run the entire length of the peaked roof? Front to back? Does your bug screen run the entity length of the trailer box and fit around the steps properly? How long have you had your screen room? Thanks
Our screen room Velcro strip on the top of the wall does run the length but the room ends just short of the wall end. The bug screen runs the length of the screen room. We ordered the screen room prior to picking up our trailer and the dealership installed the room when we went thru our PDI. I feel the critical part of setting up the room is to align the peak pole socket at the peak and then attach the top edge to the top of the wall and work all other Velcro attachment points accordingly.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #9

The original screen rom that came with our camper fit like the picture above. It did not look like the pictures nor like the description in the operating manual. Look closely at the picture above. The tent material is supposed to reach the ground. The grey reinforced material should then lay on the ground to deflect water running off the tent. The material along the slanted roof should also fit ALL the way from the peak to the end of both sides NOT fall short by 8" to a foot on both ends. Forest River nor the dealer could figure out the problem. They sold them like this for a year. I finally called Dometic myself and they admitted that screen rooms were not yet available for the 14 foot High Wall campers but would be shortly. When I finally got the RIGHT size, the canvas now wraps all the way around to the back of the camper and all the way to the front edge of the roof wall. This one fits MUCH better as described in the instructions. The only differences are those described in my previous post.
Here is a picture of the set-up screen room last month at St Andrews State Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen room.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	127515  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #10
194'er

My screen room normally does reach the ground , I agree the grey rubberized part lays on the ground. However in the pic you can see that it doesn't, because my driveway isn't level and the camper isn't either, I had to use a ladder to put the center pole in! My wife was on me to show her what it would look like, and she didn't want to wait till we camped. It was for show and tell only

2015 rockwood 194A HW.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:58 PM   #11

Side wall sockets

We spent the afternoon trying to put a screenroom on our A213HW and still, it doesn't seem right. Would it be possible for someone...anyone to send a picture or a detailed description on where the "mounting sockets" are secured on the side walls. Finding the correct placement is causing us serious heartburn.
MCPOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #12

The first thing you need to do is determine if you have the correct size screen room. The correct one measures 9 feet plus or minus an inch from the peak of the screen room to where it meets the side. If this is correct then the mounting sockets wshould be positioned just under the black trim piece about 2-3 inchest in from the front and back walls. Now here in lies the problem, if placed there the brackets interfere with the plastic flaps that are connected to the roof panels. To solve that prolem I use heavy duty velcro on the trailer and on the back of the sockets. This has worked great for us. Set up in less than 15 minutes. Remove them before putting the roof down.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #13

There is also a YouTube video that shows the install. I don't have the link but should be easy to find.
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #14

We've been looking for a screen room. Pahaque was supposed to come out with one, but have not yet. Does everyone like this one? I heard it was not easy to use.
Pmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #15

We do... we've only had it a few weeks and we're still working on the best set up process, that works for us. It seems to be well built and we like the many advantages the added space provides. <<<WARNING>>>Do yourself a favor and spend a long afternoon in your driveway figuring out how to best set is up before you do it in public.
MCPOA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, roo