Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #11

the upper door twist knob on my unit never worked for this problem ... as i have the same mark on my roof ...
the tolerances of the roof .. are just a little too tight for the door framing ... most of us just live with the mark on the roof ... and do like others .. put a dish cloth on the upper rear portion of the door ..

d-ni

Old 02-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #12

thanks for feed back on door problems/seems it is happening on a lot on all year models/guess I will use small towel as back up with extra pads dealer put on/you would think rockwood would fix it after 4 years of mfg hard sides/thanks again

Old 02-21-2014, 06:18 PM   #13

OK, there has been a lot of talk about this door problem. I bought my 2014 a122s in Oct. last year, only has about 400 miles on it but have not noticed the rubbing on the ceiling that the talk is about or the little white locking knob to keep it from bouncing. So I went out this afternoon, opened it up to take a look. What I have is a little rubber bumper about 3/8 to inch long screwed to the ceiling that holds the door from rubbing/bouncing. See attached pictures. This should be an easy add-on for anybody.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rubber bumper door 1.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	46583   Click image for larger version

Name:	rubber bumper door 2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	46584  
2014 Tacoma 4x4
OutAndAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #14

roof problems

my roof problem was already there on delivery/ door was not secured from factory /noticed small scratch on upper door and on roof but did not complain at that time/1000 mile round trip to first camping with some pot holes on I 95 with door not fastened down/put a towel on door to get back home/as I said before pads on inside of roof were in wrong place/white twist knob was never mention by dealer/it does hold door secure on fold down/ just tried it/also think small white screw near door and roof is possible hold down to secure door from bouncing also/just crawled out of unit/door is secure now/a122s 2014 purchased in nov 2014/I think FR did some mods over the last 4 yrs/great camper/thanks for feed back
Old 02-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #15

OutAndAbout I have the white rubber stopper and the door still rubs. I had not notice the rubber stopper before. Thanks for pointing it out. Mine was rubbing from the factory. The dealer had put some 2 inch wide felt tape up, I did not like the looks and I am using a towel.

1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #16

1A Camper, could be your stoper is in the wrong location and is not coming down against the trim on the edge of the door?
2014 Tacoma 4x4
OutAndAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #17

You can purchase felt, that is sticky on one side from a fabric store. I trimmed two sections of white felt, large enough to cover the damaged area. Works great.

Tags
door