Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post

oh sure that such a healthy atitude. yeah for you.
Yes, yeah for me. :-) I just think its wrong to tell somebody they can't do something just because it may upset somebody. If generators are approved at the campground and all they have, or can afford is a $300 champion or Coleman, unless stated, they are breaking no laws. But thats just my opinion, you know the saying..... We all have one.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
oh sure that such a healthy atitude. yeah for you.
Do you suppose he would mind to much if I cranked up my lawn mower at his camp for a few hours a day? How about using a trail mower? Or a brush hog?

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
Yes, yeah for me. :-) I just think its wrong to tell somebody they can't do something just because it may upset somebody. If generators are approved at the campground and all they have, or can afford is a $300 champion or Coleman, unless stated, they are breaking no laws. But thats just my opinion, you know the saying..... We all have one.
You beg the question that those type of generators are approved for campgrounds that do allow gensets. Something that is in doubt. Many cheap one don't even have National Forest Service approved mufflers, so you can't legally use them for distributed NF camping.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post

You beg the question that those type of generators are approved for campgrounds that do allow gensets. Something that is in doubt. Many cheap one don't even have National Forest Service approved mufflers, so you can't legally use them for distributed NF camping.
I have a champion, and yes they do have a U.S Forest approved spark arrester on them.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post

Do you suppose he would mind to much if I cranked up my lawn mower at his camp for a few hours a day? How about using a trail mower? Or a brush hog?
Nope, wouldn't bother me. Most weekends we have 250 dirt bikes running all day and 150 generators running at night. So mow away, it's all good with me. You can run your brush hog at night and I still wouldn't hear it over the generators.

It really has been fun, you guys are a hoot. Sorry to the OP, just wanted to give you some facts but at least you got a glimpse of what you will deal with at the camp grounds.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #36
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Nope, wouldn't bother me. Most weekends we have 250 dirt bikes running all day and 150 generators running at night. So mow away, it's all good with me. You can run your brush hog at night and I still wouldn't hear it over the generators.
your perspective about generators is not the same for those of us that prefer to camp in state parks and other places that are more natural than a place where motorsports are going on.
we like to camp in the Redwoods where you want to get away from the trappings of the modern world.
yes, there are times that a generator is necessary but you should be a good neighbor when you use it.
i don't have a problem with the Champion 3500 for what you use it for. it's a great affordable one for your type of usage.
in fact, i was going to buy one until i heard one next to a Honda inverter generator and it was a no-brainer to buy the Honda over the Champion.
if you want to buy an affordable inverter generator, Champion makes the 2000w that is almost as quiet as the Honda and much cheaper. and the new 3100w one looks like a great one to compete with the Honda 3000w.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #37

Quote:

It really has been fun, you guys are a hoot. Sorry to the OP, just wanted to give you some facts but at least you got a glimpse of what you will deal with at the camp grounds.
Your preference for loud dirt bike rallies and tolerance for loud generators is fine. If that is the practice where you camp, then I'll stay away and you can have your fun. But dropping the middle of a thread to ridicule others for preferring piece and quite is not. Unlike dirt bike rallies, the common practice at most public camp grounds, where our most of us frequent, is to show courtesy for others by minimizing our impact on others and the environment. If you cannot work within that idea, then I hope you will stay away from those types of places.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 07-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #38

I think people are taking link bait. Campers who travel with all the modern conveniences, tend not to think twice about having a generator, any generator, why would you?

Popupers... Who perhaps prefer to martyr themselves with a getaway from modernity, are also often against generators, and any number of other things.... But they love Dutch ovens. Lol.

There's no "right" answer here, and neither side is going to convince the other of their view. This is one of those polarizing topics which at its root is a pointless debate on what is real camping.

Most people are in favor of rules as long as they only require others to aapt to their preferences... Ie the rules are in line with my philosophy. Ie, I hate generators, so I support banning them... By if the rules begin to affect or impact your own enjoyment, then they become a problem. So it's more about finding common ground and working out compromises so that neither side has to lose all enjoyment.

At least, that's how I see it. Do I want kids or dogs at campgrounds? He'll no, can't stand either... But I deal with it, that's my sacrifice for the greater good, my compromise. Lol.

Sorry for getting so philosophical.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #39

seriously ... motocrosscamper ..is just trolling .. dont waste your time ..
Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
seriously ... motocrosscamper ..is just trolling .. dont waste your time ..
Yes, that's what I've been doing here for the last 3 years. I guess I have a lot of trolling thank you's in my inbox.

Maybe I was a little harsh but I've camped at parks in 48 states before my son started racing. I have seen people ask to leave during their vacations, not because they were breaking the rules, but because enough people complained. I think it's unfair to judge and ridicule somebody just because they don't have your preferred setup. If the campground allows generators, the guy with the $300 genny has just as much right to charge his batteries as the guy with dual Hondas.