Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 11:32 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I've been looking for one but can only find the kind that cut power when it gets hot. Can you post some more info about the switch please?

I did the same trick for the inside fan on my prior camper with a computer processor heat sink fan, it really helped "spread the cool" around when the fridge was full. Is ti on the same switch as the outside fans?
This is the thermal switch I bought. It worked well on my Starcraft which only had on 12V battery and was concerned about power. I have 2 6V on my Rockwood and an not that concerned about power so I have not installed it. In Moab I just turned the fan on in the day and off at night.

Norcold Refrigerator Cooling Fan Switch Thermostat DIY camper RV Instructions | eBay

This is the fan kit I installed. It has a switch on the fan itself. I was going to add it to the switch for the external fan but decided not too. I think I might bypass the switch on the fan and add a switch in the camper, thus having a switch for the internal fan and a switch for the external fan. I like switches!

Dometic Refrigerator Deluxe Fan to Increase Cooling Inside with Metal Grill | eBay
Old 05-13-2015, 12:55 PM   #22

Thanks.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit72 View Post
Here are my fans on my A122SXR. Was just in Moab and temps got into the low 90's and the fridge never got above 40 degrees.

Sorry that the image is upside down...if anyone knows how to rotate images let me know! (Image is in correct orientation on my PC)
How did you mount those to the underside of the fridge compartment?

On mine, there appears to be a white sheet of some, with wood beneath. Did you just attach through that? I wasn't sure what the purpose of the white sheet was, or how thick that wood was!

Tags
exterior, fan, fridge