Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #11

HI Jeff, Cindy!

I enjoyed reading about your adventure in the new trailer! I was very interested in your comment about the screen room. I have one as well - but I have not attached it to the trailer. My husband asked me why not & I told him I wasnt sure I really wanted to have to push in a dirty/dusty or wet fabric inside the unit, all depending what the weather conditions were like when I left the show grounds (I use the trailer at dog shows when possible, versus hotel costs).

Last weekend's show was hot (102) and rainy (flash floods). I had my trusty EZ-up w/sidewalls which is the area my dogs can relax in unbothered by the static energy often experienced at the shows by both dogs and their people.

Anyway, after we were done, we had to wait for a break in the rain and when it happened, we loaded things in a whirlwind of speed! Since all my stuff was wet (soaked), I just bungeed the canopy together and tossed it on the toy deck along with the chairs, tarps and dog crates....as I took the trailer down, all I could think, is 'thank goodness I didnt have the screen room attached after all"

Your post only seemed to confirm what I realized after the weekend...sure dont want to bring in wet cloth dripping down the walls into the trailer when I fold it up.

When I negotiated the trailer, I had them include the screen room in the deal...now I just shake my head because the reality (after the weekend of varied weather extremes) I seriously doubt I will use it...unless I can detach the room and attach with ease...

My question to you is, "Is it feasible/possible to remove the screen room from the trailer when packing up or is it more of a pain?"

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
Threegeeks

It is a bit challenging to put up and take the screen room all the way off. My husband is 6'2 and he is difinately cannot do this alone. For the setting up, we fold down the front (where the door is) and I have to crawl over to the couch area to attached the Velcros from the end (where the triangle fold over the camper). I also have to crawl over the countertop on the other side and do the same thing. To removed the screen room all the way, you would have to crawl over each side to get it off, the Velcros started to come off when I tried to removed it so I decided to pull all of the Velcros off as we donot want to ever put the screen room back up again. Even with the screen room fully assembles, we found that we are getting more bugs, there were so many of them that we took the screen part off and hope that the bugs would just fly out, but they very like the glue part of the Velcros and decided to hang out with us instead. When I got the screen room all the way off, it was wet, dirty, full of dead bugs and our son have too many allergies that I don't think we could risk puting the screen room inside of the camper. I do have to say that when it was up, it looks very nice and I was able to used the outside stove while it was raining. We set up a small eating area in the screen room and that was nice as well. We are searching for a small portable screen room that can easily put up and take down instead.

U.S. Army Veterans
threegeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by threegeeks View Post
It is a bit challenging to put up and take the screen room all the way off. My husband is 6'2 and he is difinately cannot do this alone. For the setting up, we fold down the front (where the door is) and I have to crawl over to the couch area to attached the Velcros from the end (where the triangle fold over the camper). I also have to crawl over the countertop on the other side and do the same thing. To removed the screen room all the way, you would have to crawl over each side to get it off, the Velcros started to come off when I tried to removed it so I decided to pull all of the Velcros off as we donot want to ever put the screen room back up again. Even with the screen room fully assembles, we found that we are getting more bugs, there were so many of them that we took the screen part off and hope that the bugs would just fly out, but they very like the glue part of the Velcros and decided to hang out with us instead. When I got the screen room all the way off, it was wet, dirty, full of dead bugs and our son have too many allergies that I don't think we could risk puting the screen room inside of the camper. I do have to say that when it was up, it looks very nice and I was able to used the outside stove while it was raining. We set up a small eating area in the screen room and that was nice as well. We are searching for a small portable screen room that can easily put up and take down instead.
Wal-Mart, Easy-Up awning. About $100. You can buy solid sides or screen sides or use a combination of the two. We would never have survived tenting without it.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #14

Cindy thanks for your input! I read to spouse & have decided I dont want to mess with the screen room at all. My EZ Up canopies have worked just fine, always bring them along for my dogs. I noticed a nice canopy set up at a previous show & the people told me they got at Walmart...you may want to check them out, they have cool accessories that make their canopies extremely multi useable!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote