Old 07-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #11
Sleeping in the Camper Now!

After reading this thread, DW and I did some research and decided on this mattress.

We had a discussion about buying the 9" or 7" and decided on the 7". The 9" would have extended above the counter a bit and put me 2" closer to the angled wall and bubble window. We were concerned 7" of memory foam would not be thick enough.

The mattress came FedEx the day before we were leaving for a week-long trip. It comes rolled up with a lot of the air removed, not too bulky at all. Took it out of the box and put it the camper while we unwrapped it. It expands quite a bit and it fits a little better than the original. While unwrapping it we thought we were smelling the mattress but it turned out to be the plastic it is wrapped in. There was no odor or funny smell at all.

DW took a nap on the mattress within 15 minutes of installation and pronounced it good.

We left the next day for our trip and slept better than ever. With the old mattress, I found I had to flip to sleeping on my left side, then my right side every two hours or so, but with this mattress I don't think I ever moved all night.

Once home we realized our mattress in the house is not as comfortable so now I am sneaking out to the camper to sleep!

Mark and Dawn
2014 a122s
2014 Tacoma Double Cab
MinneweeseMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #12
Update after a full season

This mattress is still great! Spent 18 nights in the U.P. on it and we would recommend it. We thought it might not be thick enough but it has proven to be enough.

Mark and Dawn
2014 a122s
2014 Tacoma Double Cab
MinneweeseMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 AM   #13
Upgrade - Memory Foam Mattress

I suspect that mattress comfort is as individual as temperature. My wife also thinks it's cold when it's 70 outside. We put 2" of memory foam on top of our mattress in the 213HW and it sleeps great.

2016 Rockwood A 213 HW
2016 Honda Odyssey
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 04:56 PM   #14
Rockwood A192HW Camper
6" foam topper here. very nice.
ronmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
Rodney & Patty
Being in the same boat as the rest above, we have suffered with our original mattress for longer than we should have. We hated the idea of spending too much on a mattress that we only sleep on 30-40 nights year. Even with the $200 topper it was still terrible for more than a night or two. We decided today to hit up the local mattress stores to see what we could muster. Most of which only had the standard residential sizes available but when we stopped at Imex furniture (New Hartford, NY 315-738-7976) they are an Eclipse Mattress dealer - made in America, NJ plant serves our area. The sales manager, Paul knew that they had nothing but standard sizes and would have nothing that would perfectly replace our Olympic Queen (66x80) so he called the factory directly to see if they could custom make us a mattress. We picked the pocketed innerspring, plush, that we liked from the floor displays and they are custom making us a one of a kind. I was almost afraid to ask the price but it is the same price as the next standard size up - in our case a king. We have went down the road of buying a mail order, rolled up foam mattress and have no desire to go down that path again. I am very heat sensitive and since we camp in warmer weather, I feel like I am melting and am unable to sleep on memory foam. Can't wait for our mattress to come in - it's about a 2 week wait being a special order.
Working because we have to - camping because we want to.

2015 Salem Hemishere 337 BAR
2014 Ram 3500SRW Laramie 6.7 I6
rdenslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:44 PM   #16
Nice post, rdenslow. I have been hesitant about a foam mattress. Also for the heat reasons and the occasional dry camping I do along the Gulf Coast. (Corpus Christi beach on Labor Day weekend was a treat) I'll start looking around for custom sized innersprings.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote