Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #1

First Ren Faire of the year

Two day trip to Sherwood Forest Faire just east of Austin Texas. If you've never been to a Renaissnce festival this is a great one to start with big enough to be full of entertainment small enough not to be over wheming. And they have a nice camp grounds. The weather was cold Friday night and damp and cool Sat with a hard three hour rain Sunday morning starting around 5:30. Only problem was the battery even charging it Thursday and a 5 hour drive died after about 6 hours guess the cold over winter killed it. But the little Buddy back up heater keep me warm and only needed to run a couple of hours. Nice listening to the rain and knowing that I didn't have to worry about drying anything out before closing up the camper. Also nice not having to worry about sleeping wet like when I use to tent camp. Someone told me that I should replace the 12 volt batter with two 6 volt gold cart batteries that they would last a lot longer anyone try this?

RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #2

you certainly can switch out your battery to two six volt golf cart batteries .. but i chose an alternate route and run two group 31 deep cycle 12 volt.

d-mo
Old 02-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #3

What? No pictures of the passion pleats to swoon the lovely lasses shoogly in the legs? Better remedy this oversight.
lmcleister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sounds like fun!
Camper looks great!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenFaire Camper View Post
Two day trip to Sherwood Forest Faire just east of Austin Texas. If you've never been to a Renaissnce festival this is a great one to start with big enough to be full of entertainment small enough not to be over wheming. And they have a nice camp grounds.
Looks like a nice camp spot! Glad you could get out and enjoy the festival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenFaire Camper View Post
The weather was cold Friday night and damp and cool Sat with a hard three hour rain Sunday morning starting around 5:30. ...... Nice listening to the rain and knowing that I didn't have to worry about drying anything out before closing up the camper. Also nice not having to worry about sleeping wet like when I use to tent camp.
Agreed, also nice to be sleeping up off the ground on an actual mattress that's not filled with air. All you'll need to dry out are a few bath towels and maybe a feet wipin' throw rug or two!

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #6

Second trip to Sherwood the weather sunny but cool and cold at night down into the low 40's high 30's. First trip after some simple mods to the camper. changed out the IC for LED the change in color took a little getting use to but after a few hours decided I like the bright white better. Picked up a solar charger and it worked great was able to run the furance 8 hours both nights without the batter going dead. Got really windy Sat night and a couple of the other campers tents blew over it did shake the camper enough to wake me but that was all, glad for the solid side.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

Love the pics! I am envious of you as I look out at the 4 foot snowbanks along my driveway and know that it will be awhile before I will even have a spot to park my A-frame when I finally get to bring it home!!

Have you attended the Ren Faires in Wisconsin? I believe they have them in Milwaukee and LaCrosse. I've never been to a Ren Faire but have always wanted to go. Maybe this will be the year!
Cyndilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndilee View Post
Love the pics! I am envious of you as I look out at the 4 foot snowbanks along my driveway and know that it will be awhile before I will even have a spot to park my A-frame when I finally get to bring it home!!

Have you attended the Ren Faires in Wisconsin? I believe they have them in Milwaukee and LaCrosse. I've never been to a Ren Faire but have always wanted to go. Maybe this will be the year!
I haven't made it that far noth yet but Bristol which is on the IL/WI Border has a good rep and Minnesota Renaissance Festival is well known not sure how close there of those are to you. About half my camping a year is done at renfaires.