Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #1

First run out of the way ...

Got our maiden voyage done. A good time was had by all. Figured out what worked and what we still needed to do before we take of on our 10 day odyssey out west.

The good:

The added storage/bench worked great for our big dog to sleep on. He thought he was a king like always.

The 12V TV we bought worked very well. Watched both some TV and DVD.

We added the thumb locks to the doors on the four corners instead of having to lock/unlock every time we needed something out of them. Highly recommended.

Our canopy wasn't tall enough to sit right against the camper but it was OK. Still right there. We used plastic deer mesh to go around it so the dogs had a small area that they could sit with us and not be on a leash for a little bit at a time.

Our cabana made for a great little outhouse using the portable toilet we bought. Didn't have to stumble down the road in the dark in the middle of the night.

The not as good:

We will be buying a memory foam topper for the mattress. Its a little bit rough on ........ "older folks".

Still have some storage placement things to figure out.

Came home with a list of stuff we need to address before we head out. Mostly minor stuff we need to get and store.

All in all ......... it was great and we are very happy with our new (and finally slept in) A122S. Here's looking forward to the next big adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maiden voyage.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	615.6 KB
ID:	171905   Click image for larger version

Name:	resting.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	171906   Click image for larger version

Name:	tired sniper.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	336.1 KB
ID:	171907  
Old 05-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #2

Looks like a great site. I'm gonna steal your deer fence idea to keep my little ankle biter out of trouble.
jeffnboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:04 AM   #3

The deer mesh is plastic and in I believe 1" squares. It is black so it doesn't really stand out. The mesh itself is 7' tall but the roll comes with it folded in half. We just left it that way so it is actually a double fence.

Made two portable posts to wrap the ends around and they sit right beside the camper, one by the tire and one by the hinge side of the door. We used two sided Velcro strips to attached to the canopy legs and the posts.