Old 06-08-2016, 05:26 PM   #1

First Trip

We are back from our first trip, just two nights, but a good first effort. My checklists were thorough, the appliances worked, and we started a list of things to do to make it all easier. We had one afternoon downpour and the next afternoon a hail storm but no damage and we stayed dry and cozy. Whew! We used our front 'porch' to take my mountain bike and it worked perfectly!

The only glitch was that we filled our water tank at home with our hose...one of the faucets was turned on and water came out of the faucet, filled the sink and poured onto the floor. We got that cleaned up, no damage, but when we got to our campsite our tank was empty! Could our 'flood' have emptied the water tank? It was all a mystery to us. We refilled at the campsite and our water pump and faucets worked fine. Lesson learned to make sure the faucets are off when filling the tank.

Does anyone feel claustrophobic in the narrow corner of the bed. My DH did and we may have to opt for using the table/bed arrangement too. We also need to rethink our bedding. I am curious what others use. We had some bedding we had used in our former teardrop camper and it was inadequate!

I am also figuring out where to hang towels to dry. Thanks for any ideas!

Old 06-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
Site Team

What model TT do you have?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:30 PM   #3

We have a Flagstaff T12BH.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #4

As for the tank being dry, a possibility is the drain was not closed all the way. Or a low point valve in the under sink cabinet came unseated and the pump just pushed the water out. This happend to me once and the pump ran dry for so long before I noticed the problem, it killed the pump. I put fewer things in that portion of the cabinet now, and like you I bet, now double check the pump switch during closeup.

BTW if you follow this link, to the edit signature control panel you can add the pertinet information to your signiture line, such as camper and TV models, to help others in replying to your question.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:35 PM   #5

Thanks Tom,
I added a signature, and yes, we double/triple checked switches this morning before heading home!
mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 AM   #6

I'd bet a beer that you hooked the garden hose up to the city supply, this is why it came out of your sink. This fitting does not fill the tank.

They are labled, and work differently. The city supply you can actually thread your hose on. This bypasses the tank and just feeds the trailer a constant supply of water. The tank fill is larger, and you can fit your hose in it, though I dont recommend actually doing that. When you fill the tank, try and do it with the trailer nose high. Gets a few more air bubbles out, every drop helps when you arent able to hook up.

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Nights camped 2016: 14
Nights camped 2017: 11 (so far)
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypcb View Post
I am also figuring out where to hang towels to dry. Thanks for any ideas!
3M Command Hooks are your friend. I have them on the gallery wall, positioned next to the latches so they don't interfere with the latch or with the folding of the wall. I also have one next door by the mirror. The nickel color goes well with the inside decor.

Another trick for bath towels at least is to use synthetic fiber camping towels that ring out easily, dry more quickly than cotton and are mildew resistant. I have a bath sheet size towel from REI that stays in my camper.

The Command refill strips by themselves can be used for mounting stuff as can the picture hanger strips. I use the refills to mount power strips that plug into the power jacks awkwardly placed on the side of the galley and microwave cabinet.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:55 AM   #8

First Trip

Mollypcb, congratulations on your new trailer! The simplest explanation is usually the right one: Are you sure you didn't hook up your water hose to the city water inlet? That would explain all the water inside, as well as the empty water tank.
When we had our A122S, we "permanently" converted the dinette into a bunk since we usually ate outside anyway. As for hanging up the towels, we use the hanger bar that swings down from the ceiling.

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #9

Thanks for the suggestions. Filling the tank mistake will not be repeated! I will be hanging hooks next time we go out, and I will look for the camping towels. It is so fun to see ideas!

mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote