Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #1

First trip in the new camper.

After the pop up incident and getting screwed over by lazydays, ended up going to another dealer and they were much better to work with and did they did not have a $450 dealer fee!
Anyways we got a rockwood a122s and love it. Went to Hillsborough river state park for one night. Setup was so easy took about 15 min for everything.The a/c cooled the camper ooff in like 5 min. It rained on us pretty hard and we had NO leaks at all...

The only problem we had was the a/c blows directly on the kids bed and is freezing cold.
is there any way or has anyone built any kind of wind deflector to point the air towards the main bed?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-09-12-51-57.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	54762  
E325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Does your A/C have the three adjustable circular louvers? They may have changed the front panel since mine came out. Even with the adjustable ones, though, it's hard to keep the breeze from chilling someone. Try the lower fan speed if that's available. Otherwise, I don't recall anyone mentioning having made air flow diverters for their Aframes. If you do that, be sure to post photos.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #3

I was wondering about deflectors myself. Had essentially the same problem with the furnace when another person uses the dining area for sleeping. The couch cushions soak up and trap a lot of the warm air. And if blankets fall down and cover the hole it traps that air then ends up shutting down the furnace (which is the right thing to do).

I'd certainly be interested in deflectors or any work around to this.
rwarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #4

I will try to make something and will post pics.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #5

I experienced the uneven cooling this weekend. Sitting on the main bed, the minute the fan stopped, the head height temperature would rise while my feet were cold. I solve the problem by keeping it as cold as possible. Like around 65 at night for good sleeping. But that won't work with kids in the front bed.

My first thought is of a diverter that would slide under the mattress and hang down in front of the vents? The main problem I see with that or any diverter is impeding access to the bed. Maybe something flexible....

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #6

I was thinking something like this but adjustable that could velcro on at night
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I experienced the uneven cooling this weekend. Sitting on the main bed, the minute the fan stopped, the head height temperature would rise while my feet were cold. I solve the problem by keeping it as cold as possible. Like around 65 at night for good sleeping. But that won't work with kids in the front bed.

My first thought is of a diverter that would slide under the mattress and hang down in front of the vents? The main problem I see with that or any diverter is impeding access to the bed. Maybe something flexible....
65 is the temp that I settled on for nighttime heating as well.
Like you I found it to be perfect for sleeping.
When waking I'd adjust up, maybe to 68 or 70 while getting dressed as it does heat well.
rwarrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwarrin View Post
65 is the temp that I settled on for nighttime heating as well.
Like you I found it to be perfect for sleeping.
When waking I'd adjust up, maybe to 68 or 70 while getting dressed as it does heat well.
If only I could convince my family of this at home too.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #9

First trip in the new camper.

The camper is closed in the garage so I can't get a photo. However, we purchased something like this that is light weight and hangs over the top of the a/c vent. That way it doesn't block the air but deflects it. Also hangs straight when not in use.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Con-Tact-P...Black/20895754
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #10

I thought about this some more. A trapezoidish shaped piece of fabric velcroed onto the side and bottom of the vent area might do the trick to divert the air upwards. As long as the wider part was on the top, it would pop open when the fan came on. It would also not interfere with getting in and out of the bed. The mesh shelf liner K1050 mentioned above might provide the added benefit of diffusion as well as diversion.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Tags
camper