My microwave has been loose since just after I got the camper. After my last trip, the right front was hanging outside of the cabinet. Since I am going camping tomorrow I checked at it again today and sure enough all the grumbling I'd done over the last month hadn't fixed it.
So it was a two part fix. The stripped screw holes for the frame were drilled and filled with a short piece of 3/8 hardwood dowel. The dowel had swelled some from moisture while in my garage, so I practiced on a scrap board until I found the right size drill bit that would allow it to be tapped in to the hole with a hammer. Easy enough.
Then came the problem of the screws holding the frame to the oven had stripped too. Not as easy of a fix on thin sheet metal. So I used pop rivets with a #10 washers to keep the rivet head from working through the opening in the frame.
Reassembling it I noticed an issue that may have caused it to break in the first place. The cabinet opening is not square, so the installer had mounted the oven so the frame was flush on the top, but the feet were not resting on the shelf. So all the pressures of road bounce on the oven for that side were only supported by the screws. No wonder they pulled loose.
I drilled new screw holes with the oven sitting on the shelf and it is tight for now. Maybe it won't bounce so much and the carousel plate will stay inside on this trip.
The new problem is a bit more troubling. The piano hinge for the entry sidewall is ripped. Something jarred it enough to tear the metal and pull several screws loose. It must have been those damned broken down highways in West Texas, even though I tried to drive at a reasonable speed.
Don't know what I am going to do about this, yet. Either a trip to the dealer for evaluation for warranty or just order the hinge and replace it myself.