Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #1

Smile Florida Gatherings

New to the forum and to my new A Frame, I was wondering if there any A Frame gatherings around central Florida this fall.
djtouchfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Can't answer your question, but moved this over to the A Frame section. Hope you get better response.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtouchfla View Post
New to the forum and to my new A Frame, I was wondering if there any A Frame gatherings around central Florida this fall.
Hi djtouchfla,

Let me know if you get any response. It would be interesting to get a group of A frames in one spot. Compare notes.

There is another couple with a 122. They wrote to me. They live near me, but don't remember who they are - maybe I could find them, maybe they would be interested.

Brian
Brian99R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #4

I live in St Pete/Largo area and have the A124, still new. Would be nice to get together for a group meet now that the heat is about to ease up a little, maybe in the Pan Handle area, Rocky Bayou is a very nice SP on the Gulf waters area.
Anne
DobeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea.
How about you starting one?
That's how things get going around here.
Good Luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #6

Unfortunately, I am not reliable enough right now with my post surgical back issues to manage a get together as I might not show up... I take each day carefully. I am going to try an outing to SC later this month to see how it goes...last outing was March, came home with food poisoning. long story but it was my fault. If someone gets a gathering together, I would surely try to get to it ( with my two doberman girls
Anne
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian99R View Post
Hi djtouchfla,

Let me know if you get any response. It would be interesting to get a group of A frames in one spot. Compare notes.

There is another couple with a 122. They wrote to me. They live near me, but don't remember who they are - maybe I could find them, maybe they would be interested.

Brian
Sounds good. We live in Summerfield Fl about 2 miles north of teh Villages. Maybe they will see this Thread.

David Touch
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #8

I think I placed my response in the wrong place. Kinda new to this Forum. I'll wait to see if it gets to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #9

I suggested the Pan Handle area as there were too many ticks last Spring in the Gainesville, mid-Florida area ( and I have dogs). Would be nice to hear from others in FL with A-frames especially ( or other sizes ) that would like to get together. I only got mine 3/1/12 and only out twice so far so am interested in all simple mods for space. Mine has the queen bed one end, table at other end and windows at both ends ( really like over the dining area).
Anne
Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #10

Florida Gatherings

Anne:

The panhandle is a bit of a drive for us but certainly would be considered a very real possibility. I guess we are getting a spark of interest, hopefully we will get enough interest to have a go at a Florida meeting.
Thanks,
David
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
410 QS 425 2011 Birkshire

For FR Rally info go to frog@forestriverinc.com
malewis49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #12

Central Location

Quote:
Anne:

The panhandle is a bit of a drive for us but certainly would be considered a very real possibility. I guess we are getting a spark of interest, hopefully we will get enough interest to have a go at a Florida meeting.
Thanks,
David
Hi David and All,

I also believe the panhandle is a bit far. I live in Spring Hill, about an hour North of Tampa. I would suggest a State Park somewhere central to all interested. I'm hearing good things about Rainbow River State Park.

Brian
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #13

A Frame Gatherings

Rainbow Sate Park is an excellent choice. Now the issue is to generate some interest.
Thanks for your reply'
David
Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #14

One more?

Quote:
Rainbow Sate Park is an excellent choice. Now the issue is to generate some interest.
Thanks for your reply'
David
Hi David,

I found that other couple that lives by me and notified them directly about these posts. (Cleancut39). Perhaps they will have some interest.
Brian
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Don't have an A frame, got a 5er, but would be interested in a gathering if it is held around Orlando from Dec to early Mar.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #16

Rainbow SP ( near Ocala ) looks nice per ReserveAmerica: $30/night, gravel sites. Looks now like all weekend dates are booked until December. Wonder how quick it gets booked up by the snow birds? This would be easy for me coming from St Pete/Largo area.
Let's see how much more interest is logged, maybe for January/after the holidays, though I would be open for December if others are as well.
Anne
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #17

Florida 'A Fame Gathering

We're retired so weekdays are fine with us. Is that the Fl resident price. We have been getting 50% off at state campgrounds.
David
Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #18

Here's a hoot ... I may be coming down to the Panhandle in March sometime next year .. if anyone is interested. Will probably only go that far tho .. as we want to visit some destinations to east. Tentative plans have us down there in mid March .. but these are very tentative at the present time ... still trying to find a nice beachie type of state park ... any thoughts on Grayton Beach State park ??

d-mo
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #19

Quote:
We're retired so weekdays are fine with us. Is that the Fl resident price. We have been getting 50% off at state campgrounds.
David
I'm also retired so almost anytime is good for me, though I am getting set for a trip to SC Lake Wateree SP on 10/29 for 5-6 days. I do also get 50% off in FL as well, but $30 is quoted and would apply to everyone else.
Anne