Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

Question Forest River A192 HW

Hi All!
I’ve been a member for a while, yet this is my first post. In June of 2017 I bought my first HW Pop Up and absolutely love it! I’ve learned so much from this forum as has my DH. My question is; Does anyone owning an HW AFrame style have any idea how wide the two triangular side windows are? I’ve searched through all of the Manual’s and paperwork I was given at the time I took delivery. Normally, I would go out and measure however we’ve just gotten 18in. Of snow and things are buttoned up for the winter. I thought this would be a good time to make some custom curtains and bed covers for the upcoming season. We’ve done a lot of upgrades and I would like to make it a little more welcoming as we have eight trips already planned and paid for between May and September. My Husband is shaking his head at my post, but one never knows until they ask.. Thank you in advance
Julier537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julier537 View Post
Hi All!
I’ve been a member for a while, yet this is my first post. In June of 2017 I bought my first HW Pop Up and absolutely love it! I’ve learned so much from this forum as has my DH. My question is; Does anyone owning an HW AFrame style have any idea how wide the two triangular side windows are? I’ve searched through all of the Manual’s and paperwork I was given at the time I took delivery. Normally, I would go out and measure however we’ve just gotten 18in. Of snow and things are buttoned up for the winter. I thought this would be a good time to make some custom curtains and bed covers for the upcoming season. We’ve done a lot of upgrades and I would like to make it a little more welcoming as we have eight trips already planned and paid for between May and September. My Husband is shaking his head at my post, but one never knows until they ask.. Thank you in advance
Hi Julier537. I have a 192HW at home in the garage away from the elements. I'll take some measurements for you today and report back.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi All!
Here ya go...
Note that the window frames are curved at the corners so these are the maximum outside dimensions. Also, the Velcro attachment points are obviously larger than the windows themselves. Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished product. Good luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_144830.jpeg
Views:	128
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	195021
Old 01-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcd View Post
Here ya go...
Note that the window frames are curved at the corners so these are the maximum outside dimensions. Also, the Velcro attachment points are obviously larger than the windows themselves. Hope this helps, and let me know if you need anything else. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished product. Good luck!Attachment 195021
Thank you so much! If you get a chance, could you give the measurements from the bottom of the window to where the angle starts?
Also, I see you tow with a Tacoma. We also tow with a 2015 Tacoma 4WD with the Tow Package...
Old 01-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you so much! If you get a chance, could you give the measurements from the bottom of the window to where the angle starts?
Also, I see you tow with a Tacoma. We also tow with a 2015 Tacoma 4WD with the Tow Package...
No problem. Just to be clear, you want the measurement from the middle to where the bend starts along the bottom?

Tacomas are the best!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Sorry, I think I misinterpreted your question the first time I read it, but I think I know what you're asking now. See the updated drawing. It was a bit tough to get a super accurate measurement with the curtains in place so there could be an 1/8" if error or so in the measurements.Click image for larger version

Name:	43170.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	195030
Old 01-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #7

Quote:
No problem. Just to be clear, you want the measurement from the middle to where the bend starts along the bottom?

Tacomas are the best!
Yes, Please.. The measurement from the bottom to where the angle starts on the window on the kitchen side, and the bottom of the window to where the angle starts on the door side. My thought is to make curtains that I can mount with a small rod that hang from the point that the angles start. That way I can still get light through the top of the window, while still being able to have a breeze and privacy when needed.
I can’t thank you enough and will certainly take some pictures to send once everything is complete..
Old 01-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #8

I just looked at your attachment again and see that those measurements are there now..
Thank you!
Old 01-20-2019, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:

Tacomas are the best!
Yes, Please.. The measurement from the bottom to where the angle starts on the window on the kitchen side, and the bottom of the window to where the angle starts on the door side. My thought is to make curtains that I can mount with a small rod that hang from the point that the angles start. That way I can still get light through the top of the window, while still being able to have a breeze and privacy when needed.
I can’t thank you enough and will certainly take some pictures to send once everything is complete..
You’re edited drawing is exactly what I needed.. I just saw it. Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2019, 10:38 PM   #10
Site Team

Here's your first post. Welcome back!
Quote:
Hello! Thanks for the welcome! I bought a 2017 Rockwood Premier HW Aframe this past June and I love it.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #11

Quote:
I just looked at your attachment again and see that those measurements are there now..
Thank you!
No problem! Happy to help out
Old 01-24-2019, 10:25 PM   #12

Make it a half inch or so bigger to help block the light
MontyPP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river