Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #41

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Good buy---------------

I purchased a LG Dehumidifier Model: LD301EL, Factory Refurbished for $129.99 with a three month warranty. I can not believe the amount of water it removes from inside my fifth wheel. Every two days, around 30 pints of water. Lowe's has the same thing for around $229.00.

The reason I purchased a refurbished is cost and you know it has been gone through throughly for operation. It is a perfect choice here in Florida.

ROXSAT, We ship Same business day or within 24 hours - Toll Free 888-896-3236

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #42

Daisy:

Is the 30 pints of water with the A/C running? I know that Florida has a very high humidity level as well as high temperatures as many South Carolinians have moved to Florida and two years later have moved back due to the heat and high humidity in the summer months. 30 pints sound like a lot in two days, but of course, 5th wheel campers are much larger than mine.

Thanks for the input,

Jim

Old 07-29-2013, 10:12 AM   #43

Jim, I use the 10.5 oz refillable container. I've never refilled, just buy a new one when it fills up - which takes about 6 months. The container says it'll last 45 days but I suppose we are drier than that in eastern WA.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #44

My Niagara was parked in the open in hot humid Houston for seven years with no countertop delamentation. It had no cover or inside moister protection and never a sight nor smell of interior mildew. IME, the countertops should be able to withstand pretty much any ambient heat and humidity environment and a failure is likely just a bad job by the manufacturer.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #45

totally agree with pooneil .. if you have a moisture problem ... it wont be from the inside .. but from the outside ... as stated in previous posts ..

d-mo
Old 07-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #46

Pooneil & D-Mo:

Thanks for the input. After so much thought and help from FROG owners on this forum, my conclusion is shoddy workmanship.

You people are so helpful and I appreciate each and everyone one of your inputs in trying to help. What a great forum!

Gratefully.

Jim
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #47

So is it back to the dealer or are you going to try a repair yourself?

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #48

Pooneil:

I took it back to the dealer on Tuesday, July 23rd. They said they fixed everything but are waiting for one more part to complete the repairs. (The formica cabinet top.) I'm hoping by next week to get it back, however, I don't know if I'll use the dealer again for repairs unless it's something I can't fix myself or if it's something major. I don't have much faith in the dealer judging by their attitude when I took it in. Very lackluster responses to my questions.

Thanks for your interest.

Jim
Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #49

While I'm at it with a list of problems with with my camper, has anyone had a problem with the water coming out of the cold water faucet being full of air? If I'm not mistaken, the cold water is supplied directly to the faucet from the shore water supply. On my last trip, I ran 6 gallons of water through the drinking water hoses before connecting it to the camper. I was there 10 days and on all 10 days, the water is full of air. The park is on city water and I don't see the cloudy water at the supply faucet. (In fact, I go to the supply faucet to get a drink of water to avoid the cloudy water.) Is that air in the water caused by the filter beneath the sink? And it happens on both the hot and cold water faucets. This has been going on since day 1. Any suggestions?

Jim
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 AM   #50

I cant think of anything other than the filter that could cause air to mix with the city water, but I also don't imagine the filter could do that much mixing.

I am starting to share your antipathy for dealer service departments. My dealer has been "trying" to get a new apex seal for me for over a month. The latest excuse was that Forest River (the whole company) took a week off and is now in a back order situation. It sounds somewhat dodgy to me. The "nothing we can do about it" attitude seems more like, "we forgot about you." At least my camper is still usable.

2012 Rockwood A122S