Old 07-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #51
Mostly Harmless

The water froths from my sink faucet too, and has since day 1. I attribute it to the aerator on the faucet being very enthusiastic about its job. I don't detect any problem with water quality due to it, though. Try removing the aerator and see if it changes the flow to the better.

2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:17 AM   #52

Tom:

I'm beginning to think I should have done business with another company rather than F.R. When I first reported the problem to the dealer, he asked me to take pictures of the problem and email them to him, which I did. When I took the camper in, the first thing the dealer said was "let me grab my camera and take some pictures". That delayed the parts being shipped in as evidently, the dealer or F.R. didn't believe my pictures. I was under the impression that when I arrived at the dealer, the parts would already be there, but instead, I was starting from square one. I'm still waiting for one more part and nobody seems to be in a rush to get my camper fixed and the summer is passing me by. I thought F.R. was a reputable manufacturer but I'm beginning to wonder.

I know a lot of people on this forum have great faith in their purchase of their A Frame, but I sure don't!

Incidentally, when I go back to pick up the camper, I'm going to ask them to remove the filter as that's the only thing I can think of that would cause the air in the water. The cold water faucet is a direct feed from the shore supply and only needs to travel a very short way to the faucet from the outside connection. What else could it be? If there was air in my water hoses, it surely would have worked it's way out in 10 days of use. And, the water pressure at the faucet is about one third of what it is at the supply??????

Jim

Old 08-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #53

What difference does it make if there's air in the water? I can appreciate broken things being frustrating, but you can't let it ruin your life. If you believe it's the water filter, open up the housing, remove the filter and put back the housing.... You've now bypassed the water filter. No need for dealer service there.

As to documentation and photos and delays associated with it... This is normal, dealers won't get reimbursed for parts without authorization by the factory. I have an exhaust header on my jeep, it's got a lifetime warranty, it cracks about every 3 years or so. In order to get it replaced under warranty I need t have my mechanic remove it, photograph the cracks, then the manuf authorizes the replacement and sends one out, and a few days later it arrives and can be installed. Is it inconvenient for me? Of course, but this is the way the world works.. Don't let it get you down, the camper isn't an investment and it isn't everything, it's just a tool to get you outdoors.... Try not to sweat the small stuff. It'll ruin your day.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #54
Rockwood Premier A126

jjdcamper's frustration with his Aframe is understandable. He had major problems with the Formica top and his dealer has just basically put him off. Summer is slipping away while the wheels of progress for correcting the issue seem to be grinding to a stop.

After that, every odd "not right" thing, be it large or small, becomes a glaring reminder of the original big issue. Each of those items get put on the growing list of frustration...do I fix it myself or will that void warranty?

Then there are some folks don't have $10K to lay out all at once, so they must take out a loan. That payment is a monthly "slap in the face" reminder of the collective problems.

And so the frustration grows....but enough of what you can't change or fix...
Instead, let's try and resolve some things on the list that won't void warranty. I understand that the consumer shouldn't have to deal with it, but addressing a few items oneself will offer hands on experience. Pride in ownership, as it were, bull by the horns and all that...

jjcamper,
When you get your camper home, let's try to first resolve the "air bubbles in the water" and "reduced pressure" issues. Those should be simple fixes.

#1) Air in the water may very likely be from the faucet aerator, as thehamguy suggested. The water looks cloudy, but it's not harmful.

Did you remove the aerator and see if that fixes the air in the water? If you are unsure of what we mean, please ask. The aerator is located where the water comes out of the sink faucet. It has a screen in it and unscrews from the faucet. Place a washcloth over the drain hole in case you drop the part, it won't go down the drain.

#2) Reduced water pressure. The water filter will eventually get clogged and the water pressure will be reduced, that's normal. If the dealer didn't do it, remove the filter cartridge from the housing as rawlus suggested.

It works like a whole house filter. Removing the (string/twine looking) cartridge will allow water to flow unrestricted and should take care of the pressure issue. Use care re-installing the (empty) filter housing. Be careful not to cross thread it, getting it back together correctly/securely. Test for leaks/drips.

Now I feel too lazy to go back and read through all the other posts for any further suggestions.

Perhaps, when you get your camper home from the dealer, start a new thread. That way you/we can go through each (non-warranty) issue, one at a time. As each problem gets resolved we'll tackle the next one. I'm sure you will get help from folks here if you will take the time, straightening out each item, one by one.

Hang in there, we're trying to help. Stay positive and remember, the Fall is a wonderful time to camp!

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Fall is a wonderful time to camp!
Deb
I am so ready for fall to start. I like the warmth and long days of summer, but I love a cold morning.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #56
Rockwood Premier A126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I am so ready for fall to start. I like the warmth and long days of summer, but I love a cold morning.
Me too! You just can't beat a morning sitting around a campfire with a cup of coffee. What a great way to start the day!!

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #57

Its really time to forget the filter or the water heater even, once full and on line there's no source of air pressure to enter the system. Cheap aerators can lead to it by acting like a check valve and gulping air at the discharge. You should take off an aerator and take to Home Depot or Lowes and match up the thread. Should solve your problem. Just mechanics here, no preach.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #58

Hi Jim! Hows it going? Whats the status of your trailer? Sure hope the dealer corrects the items to your satisfaction! Crossing my fingers you get it back soon!!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #59

Handbuilder:

Thank you for asking about my dilemma.

The camper is still at the dealers and has been since July 23rd. I'm going to be busy for the next few days but I sent them an email that I'm picking it up on the 29th, whether it's repaired or not. I'll get someone else to make the repairs and pay for it out of my own pocket.
Jim
Old 08-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #60

just to support Rawlus here .. take the filter out of the housing and things may be ok.
with my experience .. that should do the trick .. but if not, cut the hotwater tank off ... using the bypass .. and after a few hours you will not hear any cycling of the water pump. past the end of the year season .. take it in and get it fixed .. when they they have time ...
this is not a big thing ... you will be entered at the end of the RV Que for service ... and if you dont push like the devil ... you will end up last ...

d-mo