Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #1

Four brackets on back roof of AFrame

Anyone know what the four silver brackets are for on the back roof wall of our AFrame? They are mounted around the fume sensor.
Also, have two switches on side of microwave as you come in door on left side. First one works nite light right there.......what is the second one supposed to operate?

nautipelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Junior Old Fart

The 4 brackets are for hanging a cloth shelving/pantry. Mine is white with 2 shelves.

The second switch should be for the WifiRanger.

LTDunltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDunltd View Post
The 4 brackets are for hanging a cloth shelving/pantry. Mine is white with 2 shelves.

The second switch should be for the WifiRanger.
WiFi Ranger? What model is this in? Dang I feel like I am missing out on something!

2018 T21TBHW A-Frame
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspencer View Post
WiFi Ranger? What model is this in? Dang I feel like I am missing out on something!
My 2019 T21TBHW came standard with the WiFi Ranger in a box (for dealer installation). Dealer asked me if I wanted the unit installed. I said no. The power switch is installed (right beside the night light switch on the microwave cabinet), but that's as far as it goes.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
My 2019 T21TBHW came standard with the WiFi Ranger in a box (for dealer installation). Dealer asked me if I wanted the unit installed. I said no. The power switch is installed (right beside the night light switch on the microwave cabinet), but that's as far as it goes.

Fred W
So of course it's one model newer than my T21TBHW... it's always something, lol.

2018 T21TBHW A-Frame
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
Old 06-23-2019, 10:35 AM   #6

We bought a new(?) 2018 T12RBST a month ago and the Wifi Ranger was already mounted on the back roof and wired in. I have a feeling there is some history on this unit that we are not aware of...........
There was also a mysterious 4" bolt stuck through the upper part of the forward roof flange that had to be removed because it was buckling out the frame when the A walls were put up - no explanation as to why it was there in the first place......
Old 06-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #7

Dealer could easily have installed it as part of dealer prep. We first saw our unit before it was prepped; it was just as it was delivered from the factory. Sawdust everywhere, nicks and scratches on the interior paneling, caulk missing, etc. The boxes that are dealer prep items - WiFi Ranger, battery wiring, outside RV-Q were still sitting in the A-frame in various storage compartments. So when we were going over stuff dealer had to do to deliver, I deleted the WiFi Ranger installation.

I can't say enough good about Roberts RV in Denver. They thoroughly prepped the A-frame - including vacuuming all the sawdust - and did a very thorough PDI. And they gave me $600 off for the scratches and nicks in the paneling, even though they filled every one of them with a color pen to the point I couldn't find them during the PDI.

Fred W
Old 06-24-2019, 08:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
Dealer could easily have installed it as part of dealer prep. We first saw our unit before it was prepped; it was just as it was delivered from the factory. Sawdust everywhere, nicks and scratches on the interior paneling, caulk missing, etc. The boxes that are dealer prep items - WiFi Ranger, battery wiring, outside RV-Q were still sitting in the A-frame in various storage compartments. So when we were going over stuff dealer had to do to deliver, I deleted the WiFi Ranger installation.

I can't say enough good about Roberts RV in Denver. They thoroughly prepped the A-frame - including vacuuming all the sawdust - and did a very thorough PDI. And they gave me $600 off for the scratches and nicks in the paneling, even though they filled every one of them with a color pen to the point I couldn't find them during the PDI.

Fred W
They are freaking AWESOME! We drove up from NM to buy from them, they had the only decently priced twin bed unit within reasonable driving distance for us. Drove up there two years ago during what ended up being a late season freak blizzard. The unit was eat off the floor clean. They had even held it for us for a couple months because we weren't able to get up there sooner, and even had to extend the pick up date once by a week. Yes we paid them $100 to hold it but that went into the payment.
Was there any particular reason you didn't want the WiFi Ranger installed? Sometimes I'd do just about anything to have decent wifi when it's pouring down rain outside and I forgot yet again to bring the bag of DVDs.

2018 T21TBHW A-Frame
2012 Nissan Pathfinder
Old 06-24-2019, 08:20 AM   #9

We are new to RV's and haven't camped (tent) in 30 years. Really thought that buying new the unit would be in pristine condition with no flaws (Like a car). Didn't know about the unregulated industry that RVs seems to be in.
The unit we purchased was supposedly new and was left over inventory from last year (2018 model) I was totally blown away by all the systems and their operation (during delivery orientation) that I never even had a chance to think about or look at the quality of the unit. Now, upon the opportunity to use it once, and give it a good looking over, I see alot of poor workmanship, and cheap stuff used to put it together.
Also it appears that there were fixes done that we should have been told about.
No regrets however, we got a great price, less than half of what an Aliner costs, and I'm the fixer-up type anyhow. Its just a little frustrating having to fix stuff in a NEW camper (like putting the tape around the skylights).
T12RBST
Old 06-24-2019, 10:06 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlspencer View Post
Was there any particular reason you didn't want the WiFi Ranger installed? Sometimes I'd do just about anything to have decent wifi when it's pouring down rain outside and I forgot yet again to bring the bag of DVDs.
So far in 6 years, we have camped three times in a private campground with WiFi. We usually camp in public campgrounds in Colorado, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Wyoming - none of which seem to have any form of WiFi except perhaps in the visitor's center (if they have one). We're consider ourselves lucky if we get more than 1 bar of cell service - about 40% of the time we have none. So I couldn't see drilling holes to run wires and screws for something we would probably never use. I keep the unit in its box in the basement if we ever change our mind - or sell the A-frame.

Out in our neck of the woods, it's very rare for rain to last more than 6 hours in a given day. We do carry actual books (2-3 books each) to read for those times. We rotate the books when we have finished reading them.

just our experiences and camping style
Fred W
last trip: 16-18 June Mueller SP (CO)
next trip: 7-10 July Trinidad Lake SP (CO)

Tags
frame, roo, roof