Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #1

Freezer

I have a A127TH. Sometime ago I grew tired of not being able to store frozen food. I purchased a Haier 1.3 cu. ft. Upright freezer. The freezer has worked great. When camping, I set the freezer on top of the microwave's cabinet. I can then set my TV and satellite receiver on top of the freezer. During transport, I set the freezer on the floor.
Also, I got tired of an ice chest and buying ice daily, particularly during summer. My remedy was to buy a Master Chef Counterpart Ice Maker. It can crank out 27 lbs of ice in a 24 hour period. It has also worked great. I bag the ice and place it in the freezer. I place the ice maker on the stand left of the sink.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1455334670197.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	99505  
dmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
World Traveler Member

I got the A194HW and it came with a ref and freezer and I bought 3 silicon ice trays and I can make ice twice a day with it. I do start with a bag of ice cubes from home and just keep it filled it also has room for frozen foods too. and Its all on propane all the time. I never have to buy ice and have ice cream if I want to.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #3

Freezer

The high wall models come with a larger refrigerator that includes a small freezer compartment. Using that area to make ice cubes, however, doesn't allow much room for frozen food. We also decided to buy an ice maker. Our's is an Igloo model that makes 26 lbs of ice in three different cube sizes. Without a doubt, one of the best purchases I ever made for camping. No more ice chests, no more buying ice.

Kdot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:47 PM   #4
World Traveler Member

I looked into those Ice makers and the two problems I saw was they only work on AC and they do not store ice you have to remove it and put it in an ice chest My HW freezer has pretty good room and it only requires Propane anywhere and If I need to bring more frozen foods I just get some dry Ice and put in in a ice chest and it holds food frozen for days.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:26 PM   #5

Thank you for the freezer information... We have a new 2016 T19QBHW I was wondering how well the freezer worked. Great tips!!!
Mountain Girl is offline   Reply With Quote