Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2014, 12:02 PM   #1

Fresh water tank level

I have an A192HW does anyone know of a way to tell the water level in the fresh water tank. Can a water level indicator be installed?
Davech7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #2

I wondered about that

with my A122.

If I get on the ground at the rear of the camper, and look forward, the water tank is visible. A few inches of it is visible, anyway, and I can see the water level if it is in that lower range.

That's as far as I have gotten with this issue, which is obviously not very far.

Good luck!
mickrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #3

Welcome to the board.
I carry a 5 gal tank with water from home, that I have never had to use as I have never run the main tank out. I also carry a 3 gal empty tank that I could fill the main tank from a water faucet. With out getting down and looking not sure how I would check it.

1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #4

I have seen some photos of pretty elaborate sight gauge mods. Use clear PVC, poor in the water by the gallon and pint on the marks. But they always seemed like too much trouble from mod-a-haulic guys that had too much time. One guy built an elaborate electronic gauge, I bet that would be easy now using an Raspberry Pi or arduino computer as the microcontroller. The same board could serve as the heart of a full blown entertainment center as well as warn you about low water.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Retread Popup Owner

For weekend outings I've never come close to running out of water. For longer outings, I put fresh water in whenever I need to empty the gray water. I have a collapsible hand cart I use to get the 5 gallon gray water container to a place to dump it I carry the empty 7 gallon fresh water container in the hand not pulling the cart. After dumping the gray I fill the fresh, put the fresh on the cart, and carry the empty gray.

I figure the extra two gallons in the fresh water container (7) over the gray container (5) will more than make up for whatever water we use that doesn't get put down the drain.

So far the logic is working. We camped all last week, and I never had to give a thought to the fresh water level. I always had some left in the 7 gallon container by the time the holding tank was full. As I neared the end of the week I just emptied the gray and didn't fill the fresh, so that I wouldn't be dumping as much out of the holding tank and onto the ground on the way out of the campground.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
Retread Popup Owner

If you're interested, here is what I use for refilling the holding tank. The spout fits darn near perfectly into the inlet for the holding tank.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank