Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #1

Frist trip in our T12BH

Just a two day one night trip to Eiesenhower Stat Part. My FORD Ranger 4Cyc hauled without a problem even with being a max wieght limit.

Took about 20 minutes to set everything up including leveling and setting up an outside kitchen. Temp was fairly warm around 97 but the AC worked great and keep the camper at around 78 without probem. That was a big plus coming back to a cool camper after a couple hours hiking in those temps. Never had a microwave camping before and didn't think it would get much use but came in handly for making tea and soup for a quick lunch before heading out hiking. Table as I read on the forums is unstable but turning side wise not only made it more stable but give more room. Thinking a couple three velcro points along the edge will fix the problem at least as far as playing cards or dominos goes. The bed was comfortable and it was nice not having to knock down the table for sleeping space. The outside amber light was handly for taking the dog out for a walk before bed and the camper had more than enough space for the wife, me, and the dog to move around without always bumbing into each other. Water heater worked great the water more than hot enough for most anything. Frig keep the food and drinks cool not really cold but cool enough that food didn't spoil and the drinks cool enough to be refreashing. The radio wasn't much use as we could only pick up one FM station but with the CD player that didn't matter.

Short story everything worked fine, had a great time and really enjoyed our new A Frame and now planning our trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival this time primative camping so no electricity or water so I'll see how the frig does on propane and on board water tanks do.

RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
CampingQueen

Nice pics!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Site Team

Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for sharing the pictures. The A-Frame fits right in with the trees. I took a quick peek at a Flagstaff on the dealer's lot last week was surprised how much I liked it more than the Aliners I was originally considering.

Please do keep on sharing your camping experience with us.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #4

Sounds like you are getting right into things. I took my A126 out this weekend for a night close to home (less than a 10 minute drive). It was so relaxing and the down time was great!

Had the chance to talk to fellow Geocachers and an ALiner owner (first time I've run into another AFrame).

1 year in our A126 and still loving it. I'm sure you feel the same in a year!

Not to steal the thread, but here we are at General Butler State Resort Park in Ky.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1688238550.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	19825  
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

My wife calls the A Frame our Cabin on Wheels because it reminds her of a mountain Cabin. Eiesenhower State Park is a a very nice park on the TX/OK border on a bluff over looking Lake Texohma lots of trees with good hiking and fishing. Its far enough out from everything to be very quiet at night and dark enough to really see the stars at night. The great thing about the A frame is its smalle enough to be towed by my Ranger but big enough that I can include our large lap mix on our camping trip. Something we have not been able to do in the past with our small Palomino Shetland pop-up. My dog relaxing after the hike in the camper
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

That truly is the beauty of the aframes. They are 'just right' for so many that want a camper but don't want the giant tow rig and 30' camper.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #7

Yes we looked at some standard travel trailers but they didn't give us as much room for wieght as the A-Frame did and beside I just like the way they look set up like my wife said it looks like a cabin. The reason my dog is looking that way is he is facing the AC getting a face full of cool air after the hike.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenFaire Camper View Post
Just a two day one night trip to Eiesenhower Stat Part. My FORD Ranger 4Cyc hauled without a problem even with being a max wieght limit.

Took about 20 minutes to set everything up including leveling and setting up an outside kitchen. Temp was fairly warm around 97 but the AC worked great and keep the camper at around 78 without probem. That was a big plus coming back to a cool camper after a couple hours hiking in those temps. Never had a microwave camping before and didn't think it would get much use but came in handly for making tea and soup for a quick lunch before heading out hiking. Table as I read on the forums is unstable but turning side wise not only made it more stable but give more room. Thinking a couple three velcro points along the edge will fix the problem at least as far as playing cards or dominos goes. The bed was comfortable and it was nice not having to knock down the table for sleeping space. The outside amber light was handly for taking the dog out for a walk before bed and the camper had more than enough space for the wife, me, and the dog to move around without always bumbing into each other. Water heater worked great the water more than hot enough for most anything. Frig keep the food and drinks cool not really cold but cool enough that food didn't spoil and the drinks cool enough to be refreashing. The radio wasn't much use as we could only pick up one FM station but with the CD player that didn't matter.

Short story everything worked fine, had a great time and really enjoyed our new A Frame and now planning our trip to the Texas Renaissance Festival this time primative camping so no electricity or water so I'll see how the frig does on propane and on board water tanks do.

I know this is an older post but had a question. Picking up my new t10rd with my identical ranger to yours . My question is this did you upgrade your ranger to the "7" wire system or are you still using the 4 wire with an adapter?

Thanks
n3srj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3srj View Post
I know this is an older post but had a question. Picking up my new t10rd with my identical ranger to yours . My question is this did you upgrade your ranger to the "7" wire system or are you still using the 4 wire with an adapter?

Thanks
Howdy n3srj. You're the first T10 guy I've run into (other than me). They're great little units.
I had a 7 pin plug installed when I bought my first A-frame (so now I've got both a 7 and a 4) however, I drive a Wrangler not a Ranger.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #10

Quote:

Thanks
I up graded because I wanted the electronic brakes and be able to charge the battery while hauling. Being at max wieght I thought the breaks would be a safe thing to have.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #11

Thanks for the reply. Yea the 10rd is a 100 plus pounds lighter but I agree it would be nice to have the If so how hard was it?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Don View Post
Howdy n3srj. You're the first T10 guy I've run into (other than me). They're great little units.
I had a 7 pin plug installed when I bought my first A-frame (so now I've got both a 7 and a 4) however, I drive a Wrangler not a Ranger.

Read your thread from your trip to the great white north! Enjoyed it.. Picking mine up this Friday. Leftover 2012.. Guess it was an orphan since its smaller.. Great for the 2 of us though.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenFaire Camper View Post
I up graded because I wanted the electronic brakes and be able to charge the battery while hauling. Being at max weight I thought the breaks would be a safe thing to have.
Good answer! Functioning camper brakes are vital, especially if pushing the towing limits of your vehicle.

As RenFaire Camper also stated, the battery charge wire is also an added benefit of the 7 way plug. Remember, the battery needs to have a good charge for the break-away brakes to function.

With camping season approaching, let's all remember "Safety First".

hth,
Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yea the 10rd is a 100 plus pounds lighter but I agree it would be nice to have the If so how hard was it?

Thanks
I had the camper shop do it the upgrade was free with the purchase but you had to ask for it.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
As RenFaire Camper also stated, the battery charge wire is also an added benefit of the 7 way plug.

hth,
Deb
For some odd reason, the A-Liner dealer that originally installed my 7 pin plug neglected to run the wire that charges the battery. I had to look after it later myself.
I don't know how normal it is for dealers to installed them half-(deleted)ed like that but you may wish to double check that they do it properly.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #16

Great photos and thanks for sharing them. My wife and I are chompping at the bit for our first trip. Gonna hopefully pull the camper out of the garage this upcoming weekend and start getter her prepped.
2012 Rockwood A126
jmfpanzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #17

Electronic brakes are really nice. It's worth an upgrade to have that, plus the battery recharge.
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote