Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2015, 10:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJofWolfcreek View Post
Many good ideas. Perhaps the answer is removing weight from the tongue itself. Don't want to mess with the battery and electrical so maybe the answer is moving the two propane tanks into the truck bed for transport?
Can be done but sounds like a lot of work Did you look at the weight distribution hitch I suggested? Had one and it worked very well for me, and only took a couple of minutes to hook up. I put it on because I had become gun shy. Had rolled my Jeep and trailer I owned before that one. Don't use one now because I own a 5th wheel.

Did you or someone make a change to add to the tongue? If not then the manufacture must feel it is safe the way it is.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:21 PM   #22

Yes Jim, I checked it out but adding the wdh that weighs 78lbs is opposite of my goal to lessen tongue weight. Trailer tracks great with no sway even in cross winds or being passed by semi's. I just want to ensure I stay within the 10-15% range
Old 05-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Many good ideas. Perhaps the answer is removing weight from the tongue itself. Don't want to mess with the battery and electrical so maybe the answer is moving the two propane tanks into the truck bed for transport?
Another possibility is to use a single smaller propane tank. Say an 11# capacity fiber composite tank. They are pricey compared to steel but have a tare weight of 7.5 # compared to about 13# for a steel tank of the same size and an 18.5# tare weight for a 20# cylinder.

Fiber tanks are translucent so you can see the propane level in the tank, monitor the use and know when to refill. So they work well when you have a refill place reasonably close to home and can be backed up by an adapter to connect the 1.1# throwaway bottles to the camper, which will do for a day or two of non-furnace use.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #24

Quote:
Trailer tracks great with no sway even in cross winds or being passed by semi's
They do tow very nicely.
I drove through some very strong cross winds in West Texas this weekend while dodging pressure pumping conveys and semi's and never once had a concern about sway.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, generator

« A122S Manual | UTV »