Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #11

When I got my A128S last month, I had an internet link of the same unit with a price. The dealer is only 45 mins away from home and they were offering over $1000 more then the other dealer(link) that is 3 hours away. I gave the link to the sales person and she went to her boss with my price plus close to $800 of accessories ie: bike carrier and 7 pin adaptor/brake controller. After 10 mins the sales person came out from her boss office and congratulated me for becoming an owner of a new A128S. I was surprise and happy to get it here so close to home. I even got a 7 years bumper to bumper warranty for the trailer plus road hazard warranty. It was under $13000 almost the same as what was offered to you plus extra accessories and warranties w/0 deductible if it is repaired in the dealer otherwise $50.

Bring any price reference from the internet to use to get want you want to offer. Try to get a dealer close to you too.

Good luck and happy hunting

Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #12

Thank you everyone for your advice. I did get a quote from RVDirect (thanks bikendan) of $11206 that includes the screen room. Tax and tag are additional. This gives me a starting point to go back the dealer with. The nice thing about Lazydays in Seffner is the first night is spent at their campground where they have a complete "how to" with a technician. That's a big plus for us as we have no camper/towing experience.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #13

You done goooood! I thought of the internet connection/comparison thing, saved the sites to my tablet. The only catch might be the fact that the dealer closest has the least in inventory, specifically the 124 (shower/potty), only the folks in Texas have a couple rigt now. After horses and trailer sell we can probably pay cash, at least I think dealers still take cash, maybe that will help us, maybe not. Atfer telling hubby about the folks who drugtheirs to Alaska and back he's all tuned up for his dream trip there. We got to go on a cruise years ago there and he's always wanted to go thereby car. Could be interesting with two old farts heading out that far, ewww, and all alone. Kids will have a fit, probably make us take a grandson as a helper but can't imagine him content in back seat of FJ Cruiser that far. They aren't noted for long substance comfort, LOL
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #14

Long distance not substance, danged keypad on tablet almost as much fun with spell help as smart (a..) phone.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1050
Thank you everyone for your advice. I did get a quote from RVDirect (thanks bikendan) of $11206 that includes the screen room. Tax and tag are additional. This gives me a starting point to go back the dealer with. The nice thing about Lazydays in Seffner is the first night is spent at their campground where they have a complete "how to" with a technician. That's a big plus for us as we have no camper/towing experience.
Good luck on your deal try to include accessories with the deal. When they were showing me the bits and bytes of the trailer I was watching and only have a few questions. Try getting hands on experience on how things work and how to turn on/off stuff on the trailer, also how to open/close all the panels. I broke the lock switch of the furnace panel when I tried to open it myself the first time.

Also ask to show you how to drain the fresh water tanks. I've learn that from the forum but still don't know how to drain the hot water tank, maybe someone will show us here with pic to illustrate. This will be required to winterize the trailer.

I trusted them with the brake adjustment of the trailer. It was raining when I picked up my trailer and on my way home going down hill I noticed when I was breaking the trailer was skidding and fish tailing. I survived but make sure they show you how to adjust the brake controller. I had to read the manual to find out.

Have fun on your purchase and first camping trip with it!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #16

Your initial price seems pretty high. When I was shopping, I saw prices of around $10k or so for well-loaded A122BHs (no awning, but pretty much everything else).

In the end, I basically got a price from rvdirect.com to use as a target. Checked a couple more-local dealers (RVD was about 8 hours away) and my local guy came close enough to make up for the round-trip time and gas. My OTD pricing for the camper, installed brake controller, installed bike rack, cover, mirror extenders, and an installed Equalizer WDH was around $11.5k in the end.

It's also getting towards the end of the season, so pricing may be getting more aggressive.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #17

My wife and I picked up our 2012 A126 from SpecialtyRV in Ohio for $8995. We love it. I never towed before. We went right from the dealer to the campgrounds. Do your homework and if it's right for you, get it!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfpanzerman
My wife and I picked up our 2012 A126 from SpecialtyRV in Ohio for $8995. We love it. I never towed before. We went right from the dealer to the campgrounds. Do your homework and if it's right for you, get it!!!
Sweet deal (I paid 9400 for my 2011 A126 last year on Indiana). Enjoy your new camper. Don't be afraid to take advantage of the cassette toilet. I see lots of folks that avoid ... Well solid waste. I figure what's the difference. You have to take it and dump it in the bathhouse either way.

We love our A126!
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1050
Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking for 6 months while I have tried to decide if the A Frame is best for our family. Your information and tips on this form are wonderful. I am looking for a Rockwood A128/ Flagstaff T12DD without the storage in the front. I have a first quote for an A128S $12928 that includes the screen room plus tax and tags. I have no idea if this is fair or what is the bottom price I should try for. Thank you for help. I hope to be an owner in the next few months.
Thank you everyone for your advice. We became owners of an A122 today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-450067744.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	20295   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-475503314.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	20296  
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
Mostly Harmless

Congrats! You'll have a blast with it. Keep us informed as you get to know it and use it.

2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote