Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #21

Bring up the stabilizer jacks. You don't need ramps for critters to run up\down.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777
You got it at a good price, is this what you got 12-14 ft:http://m.campingworld.com/aHR0cDovL3...MvMjkxOA%3D%3D
Too bad this is only in US.
Yes, the price I got was a special sale for Good Sam Club members. Evidently Good Sam has some kind of deal with Camping World, and now I get ads about every 3rd day from Camping World...

To rattleNSmoke: you may be right, though even with the jacks up they could go up the nose wheel or climb up the back of the wheels. Wish I could find a good tight garage like I used last year, but the ones available are rented by the year only. And the storage places want even more. Sigh.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #23
Mostly Harmless

[contents deleted, posted on wrong thread]
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
I'm plodding along on the winterizing, doing a bit here and there. I'll store it outside this winter; the garage I rented last year was getting too expensive.
Gonna use an ADCO cover and needed to do something to keep the camper's sharp corners from tearing it. Following a tip from the forum, I'm making corner pads from sections of foam pipe insulation and holding them on with 2" blue painters tape. I'll see if it holds all season. If it leaves a residue ill clean it with Goo Gone.

I also made covers for the fridge vent area from half-inch foam board. Will cut a piece to cover the Cool Cat's exterior grill too.
Hamguy:

Is it necessary to make those cutouts on the foam pipe insulation? Won't it fit around the corner without those slits?

I found corner foam pipe insulation on Amazon but they are $1.79 each. 6' of pipe insulation at Home depot is only about $1.79. I wondering which one is better? (The ones on Amazon are pre-formed.) Also, are the foam ones you used pre-slit lengthwise? It looks like they all come pre-slit.
Thanks,
Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
Mostly Harmless

The pipe foam will fold around the corner without making the V cuts, but a point of foam will stick up from the bent area. The Vees were cut with scissors; the foam is very easy to cut that way. The pipe covers did come with slits already made up the sides. I'd go with the Home Depot ones. I think I only used one of them to make all six corners, but you might need two.

SIX corners, you ask? I did the four corners of the camper body and once I had them covered I saw that the rear ends of the overlapping roof looked like they could be trouble too. So I foamed 'em.

The blue painter's tape has held all winter so far. What I don't know yet is how well it'll come off. Being paper, it might come apart in a dozen shreds per corner. Plus I might have to use something like Goo Gone to get the adhesive off. I didn't want to use a heavier tape like duct tape, having seen what its adhesive is like after months of exposure. Even ordinary masking tape can cement itself to surfaces if left on too long. The jury's still out on whether I made the right choice.

Narrower masking tape may help with removal later but I don't know if it would have held the corner covers on as well as the 2" stuff.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Mostly Harmless

The cover came off today. Let the fun begin! Rocky: Year Three.

The painters tape used to hold the corner protectors on held just fine all winter and came off without problems. I'll use the same method next winter.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #27

Quote:
The cover came off today. Let the fun begin! Rocky: Year Three.

The painters tape used to hold the corner protectors on held just fine all winter and came off without problems. I'll use the same method next winter.
Hamguy:

That's great news! I guess I'll use painters tape when I put my cover on also.

Yes, let the fun begin!

Jim
jjdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #28

I agree with fun, cover off, then preparation and next booking campsite. I already booked one for the September long weekend, they get full so fast.

I'm glad your trailer survived the winter and the cover too.
ko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Yes, the price I got was a special sale for Good Sam Club members. Evidently Good Sam has some kind of deal with Camping World, and now I get ads about every 3rd day from Camping World...

To rattleNSmoke: you may be right, though even with the jacks up they could go up the nose wheel or climb up the back of the wheels. Wish I could find a good tight garage like I used last year, but the ones available are rented by the year only. And the storage places want even more. Sigh.

About a year ago Good Sam bought out controlling interests in Camping World or visa versa.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #30

Cover came off today and started to load up the camper. Have decided on a Road Trip to Yosemite National Park and to Death Valley National Park since we will be so close before heading back home. Felt good taking that cover off.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #31
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpacker3 View Post
Cover came off today and started to load up the camper. Have decided on a Road Trip to Yosemite National Park and to Death Valley National Park since we will be so close before heading back home. Felt good taking that cover off.
Awesome! I wish we were going too! Have a safe trip and post pics.

Here's a link that might be helpful:
Campground Reservations - Yosemite National Park

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote