Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Mostly Harmless

I think it was you or Logan who first suggested it.

2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #12

I guess I should find my glasses and actually read the buttons...lol.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #13

Maiden voyage in thirty minutes! Unplugged it last night to hook it up. I came out this morning to the radio playing. Only happens when I unplug it?????
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #14

I was awakened several times last night by the radio. We were plugged up at the campground so that blows my previous theory. It was flashing a message and making the speakers click. I had all the speakers turned off to prevent it from waking us. Time for a modification.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #15

Well, its been awhile, but I finally got around to the radio. I removed the microwave and found the power wire to the radio. I pulled the night light wire off of the switch next to the radio and put a double lug "push on" terminal on the radio wire and then plugged the nite light back in. So now if I want to use the radio, I just turn the light on. If I want the light, I just turn it on with the radio switched off.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #16

We are headed out for our second trip since getting the 126 in September. The radiio as cheesy as it is, works as it should and thus far has been trouble free. I don't care for the exterior speaker. Rather would have liked to see an all weather flush mounted speaker with better sound range. Granted the exterior speaker is for just background noise, it would be nice to get a clearer sound. We haven't found a reason yet to replace the radio system. So far so good!!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #17

In addition to the light and not-so-great sound from the unit in my A122bh, I'm constantly annoyed by the door to the CD player opening as I lightly bump it with my leg upon entering of exiting. It just may have to go as well, but not so handy with things like that...
Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #18
Mostly Harmless

So I'm not the only one who's unimpressed with the radio in his A-frame! Earlier this year, though, when I characterized my A128's radio as nearly useless, I got a testy-sounding reply from someone from a different FR forum basically telling me to keep my opinions to myself. Geez, I'd thought that 53 years of building and repairing radios qualified me to have an opinion, but I let it go at the time. I concluded from that that It was OK to criticize tires, microwaves, build quality, what-have-you, but not the radio. It's good that we can talk about it now.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1
So I'm not the only one who's unimpressed with the radio in his A-frame.
Ditto, I shut my CD door with an electric tape which I think this CD player should go like cassette players. The radio is ok but the stations you get is limited and static. With your experience is there any hope to improve the range of this radio?

I like the the aux port which I used for my iPod and TV. The amplified sound to the speakers is loud enough to get in trouble in campsites.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #20
Mostly Harmless

They must have improved the aux port, good for them if they did. Neither my iPad nor any of our iPods play through the aux port with any useful volume. The input for the second aux port is hidden inside--you have to take either the radio or the microwave out to get to it. It isn't any better than the exterior port. I assumed it was an impedance mismatch and gave up messing with it. Maybe it's only my specific one that has the problem. I understand there's a USB port on the newer models, that may be why your iPod works through your unit. Again, good on the company for staying up to date.

As far as improving the reception, short of adding additional RF circuitry (not practical), a longer antenna or an antenna (RF) amplifier might help. About the speakers: if speaker A is one channel and speaker B is the other (and I'm just speculating here, I assume A and B are wired to separate channels), what channel is speaker C, the outdoor one?

60W solar system
2000W inverter generator